Beiträge von bbqbailey

ryecoaaron, thanks for your response and inquiry.

Music folders has no sound. Movies, of type mkv, which I understand is supported, give a codec error. Videos that I've recorded with my smartphone have sound and play properly, and Photos show up OK.

<edit> Actually, music folder songs never start - the count up timer just stays at 00:00, then advances to the next song, and does the same thing. The album cover is there, and the song list is there, and the length of time the song occupies is there, but it never plays. At the bottom, there are <<- || <stop> ->> buttons so it's as if it's trying to play but nothing happens, then it just advances. On the Plex forum, see other people have had this problem too.

I just didn't want to trouble OMV support with this, as it's clearly a Plex problem, so just thought I'd do better to do a Plex install and then could work with Plex support without them finger-pointing at OMV being the problem.

While I've found OMV to work well, I'm struggling with Plex server and getting it to work properly. I want to move on, so I want to just give up on this approach rather than try to figure out what the problem is. So, I'm thinking about reinstalling a working OMV .img file I created of my OMV system, prior to working on installing Plex, then trying to just install an independent Plex server on that RPI3.

Would this work OK? Or must Plex have to be installed as a plugin under OMV in order for these two to coexist on the same RPI3?

Thanks,

BBQ

I just finished installing OMV 3 onto a RPI 3.

I'm stunned!

Using two (2) different Ubuntu desktops to watch two (2) different movies, through a switch on the same LAN, being streamed out of a single RPI3. USB2 on the RPI3.

Both movies are coming off of the same hard driver (7200, 64MB cache), through the same hub (for power) to the single RPI3.

There is no skipping or pausing.

Wow! Good job guys!

I paypal'ed a couple of beers yesterday or day before. Everyone should do the same!

:thumbup:

BBQ

Not having used either OMV or Plex, I didn't know how heavy the load would be on a RPI. They're cheap enough at $35 I thought it might be better to run on seperate RPIs.

But thanks for your feedback! As I understand your post, the plugin does in fact install a Plex server.

Thanks again! I'll move forward with the installation with this understanding.

Totally new to OMV. I'm confused about the Plex plugin and what it does. My desire is to have one (1) Raspberry Pi 3 running OMV (I'm working through this now), but I want to have the Plex server running on a different RPI3.

It's not clear to me if Iinstall OMV's Plex Media Server plugin, is it going to install a Plex server and have it run on the same RPI3 that is hosting OMV? Or is that just some stuff that will assist OMV with responding to a Plex server running on a different RPI3?

Thanks!