Beiträge von tinor

Hi all,
    Sometime, when we install OMV from a USB sitck, you can get the errore "No CD-ROM Device found" with omv 2 and 3.

Its depend of the software you use to create the usb install.
    For me, and for many poeple (i see on the web), UnetBootin dont work realy fine for OMV. And i have the same issu with Lili

RUFUS can be found here :https://rufus.akeo.ie

-Make sure USB-HDD is select in your BIOS (and check all usb option, depend of your bios)

-Use Rufus (actually v2.11.995) to creat USB install. all delfaut is ok:
    - MBR for Bios or UEFI
    - FAT32

- create start disk:> select image ISO add your openmediavault_2.1_i386.iso.

- Click on creat, and at the next windows select the recommanded choice "Image ISO"

Hope is usefull for someone.
    ;)

Hi all, i present the 1st Topic auto resolve :)

The problem can be exist on the version 2 and 3 of openmediavault.

my "old" ** configuration
    x86 version
    Epox EP-4SGM8I ^^
    p4 2.8Ghtz
    1Go Ram
    10Go HDD
    2x320Go RAUD0

I test to send file on the RAID0 for each HDD 1 by 1, (restart with only 1 320Go, and restart with the other)
    result: Corrupted packet received > its not HDD default (normal, its a packet ^^ )

For more secure, you shutdowns the NAS and work of the solution without the node RAID0 (manual remove), only the Drive of openmedaivault

My old motherborade have integrated network card : SIS900 (10/100)

It is possible that old SIS board was is not well supported (thank to ryecoaaron for te tip :) )

For the next, the more difficult is to add the new network interface without loss the WebGUI acces. if the card have the same "bandwidth" like 10/100.
    When i tried with a 3th card gigabit 10/100/1000, the good new is OMV male directly the best card by default. Just put the RJ45 at the right interface :P

For both: 10/100 or 10/100/1000, i flush dns and restart for all server and client (same port is used).

Maybe you need to edit the /etc/network/interfaces (form me OMV Gui and distribution interface dont have the same configuration same and /etc/resolv.conf).
    But Its better to use OMV gui and omv-firstaid

For inforamation you can go in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules to see all interface with MAC adress. DO NOT EDIT this file.

After change network interface, and put my RAID0, all work fine, 0 packet corrupted.

**its was my old config, because today, a transistor on my very old mothboard has burned, she is die :( (sad after i resolve my problem ;) )
    i was 10-12Mo/s with this old configuration. (old disk in RAID0)

I hope this topic is usefull for someone.

Happy new year all :)