Beiträge von Spyderdyne

I am doing something similar Ubuntu LXD/LXC on ZFS with OMV on Debian Wheezy. The install on Wheezy went fine AFAIK, but the OMV service is unable to find disk drives to use.

<pre>root@ayana-angel:~# lxc list
    +--------+---------+----------------------+---------------------------------------------+------------+-----------+
    | NAME | STATE | IPV4 | IPV6 | TYPE | SNAPSHOTS |
    +--------+---------+----------------------+---------------------------------------------+------------+-----------+
    | bind0 | RUNNING | 192.168.1.95 (eth0) | 2601:cd:c180:3a00:216:3eff:fe09:c4ee (eth0) | PERSISTENT | 0 |
    | | | | fc00::216:3eff:fe09:c4ee (eth0) | | |
    | bind1 | RUNNING | 192.168.1.97 (eth0) | 2601:cd:c180:3a00:216:3eff:fe10:1f66 (eth0) | PERSISTENT | 0 |
    | | | | fc00::216:3eff:fe10:1f66 (eth0) | | |
    | chef0 | RUNNING | 192.168.1.103 (eth0) | 2601:cd:c180:3a00:216:3eff:fe5f:dca8 (eth0) | PERSISTENT | 0 |
    | | | | fc00::216:3eff:fe5f:dca8 (eth0) | | |
    | ldap0 | STOPPED | | | PERSISTENT | 0 |
    | mysql0 | RUNNING | 192.168.1.98 (eth0) | 2601:cd:c180:3a00:216:3eff:fee8:8158 (eth0) | PERSISTENT | 0 |
    | | | | fc00::216:3eff:fee8:8158 (eth0) | | |
    | nas0 | RUNNING | 192.168.1.91 (eth0) | 2601:cd:c180:3a00:216:3eff:fe7a:fc7d (eth0) | PERSISTENT | 1 |
    | | | | fc00::216:3eff:fe7a:fc7d (eth0) | | |
    | nas1 | RUNNING | | | PERSISTENT | 0 |
    +--------+---------+----------------------+---------------------------------------------+------------+-----------+</pre>

The problem is that OMV cannot exist and just see what is available. OMV wants its own disks, but doesn't have any understanding of where it is being run and under what circumstances it should be demanding in. As someone who has been building data centers for decades I just found out that this OMV project even exists. OMV should try to be at least half as respectful as I am when it starts complaining and join a forum, then wait for days to get access.
    To work around the toddler mentality of wanting to own everything that OMV exhibits, I am attempting to connect a ZFS filesystem mount point to the container explicitly. This exists in /opt/shares of the host system. If this does not work, all the time and effort you have poured into this wonderful and fully featured system that I am definitely attracted to are useless, and I will do it using Chef templates, Juju Charms, and the rest by hand.

I will not share a file as a drive. That is garbage for more reasons than one. If OMV wants to continue t exist you could easily phase out the FreeNAS project that has far inferior code by supporting this setup.

The functionality that I am describing is only for us geeks ATM, but soon (very soon) your project will be judged by your new users as: works, doesn't work. They will be a huge group that you can take advantage of, or you will just die off. Personally, I love what you have done or I wouldn't have joined. Containers are huge, and your support for them does not exist right now.

I will post a HOWTO if I can get your software to accept my unlimited ZFS disk space without problems.

Thanks.