Beiträge von gkhar2

sorry, cannot get that symlink creation to work. I cannot see the new symlink-share in the old share where i want to have the symlink.

I did the following:

1. added into the extra options in settings tab of smb/cifs:

unix extensions = no
    follow symlinks = yes
    wide links = yes
    strict allocate = yes

2. added into the extra options of the destination-share, where i want the symlink to link to (destination: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-4tbDrive2/serien_neu :(

symlinks = yes
    wide links = yes

After that i opened the Symlinks plugin and added the following symlink:

source: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-6tbDrive/video2/Serien (just the empty directory where i wanna see the content of the dest)
    dest: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-4tbDrive2/serien_neu (here are the current contents i wanna see)

After pressing save i get the following errormessage.

Any idea, what i do wrong?

regards

Hello guys,

Just as a litte hint, if someone has the same issue.

i was having great issues as i was not able to edit or remove any shared folders on my omv 4 installation anymore, though it went all well before.

i always got different error messages like the attached one after pressing apply and i had to revert the action.

So what was finally the rootcause? I deleted in my windows machine (explorer to the smb) a folder, which was still a smb-share and a shared-folder in omv.

This was my setup on OMV 4:

I have a Drive called Media2, which i had shared as shared folder and as smb-share "Media2"
    Inside this i had another shared folder, called series, which was also a separate shared folder and a separate smb-share "series"
    Inside this i had another shared folder, called sort, which was also a separate shared folder and a separate smb-share "sort".

Media2 / series / sort

Now i did make the mistake to delete the folder series in windows (in the explorer window), though it was still mentioned as a shared folder in omv-webinterface.

This led to a problem on every change or deletion i wanted to do in omv, as this folder was no longer physical there, but omv thought so.

Problem was, i wanted to delete a very different Share "Media1" on a different drive, so i had first no connection between the rootcause and my tries to delete another Share

My resolution was very simple, after i figured it out.

I just recreated the deleted folder in the windows explorer and all went well again in OMV.

Maybe this can save some time, if you run into this kind of problem.

regards

gkhar2

Hi gderf,

thanks for your reply.

one question: why does WAstl talk about Upgrade?

6. Switch to system >> Update Manager >> Click "Check" >> Mark all the updates >> Click "Upgrade"
    7. Switch to Storage >> File Systems >> Click your File System >> Click "Mount"
    8. Install your wanted plugins
    9. Reconfigure your users, plugins, services

Or would it be possible to go from 2 to 3 and then to 4 so all the settings could be migrated automatically?

thanks

Hello,

can you please explain, how you mean:

3. Install OMV on your system disk

Do you mean, install the new omv 4 on the system disk?

Do i need to delete the old omv2 first? can you explain a bit more detailed please?

thanks

Hi everybody, :)

i found out about a somehow weird issue in minidlna. Is this how it is intended to work?

When i change the loglevel in minidlna (i just tried out what information i get on each level), after that omv makes you to save your changes. After that, minidlna starts to rescan the whole library again. This takes hours with a big library.

So my question is if this can be avoided somehow, to rescan after change of loglevel?

Another question about the loglevel in minidlna: Can anybody tell me which loglevel to set, so i only see inotify messages and status messages, e,g scanning library complete or streaming to ...

I was not able to find a suitable level.

thank you so much.

gkhar2