Beiträge von Fylb

I am having the same problem with applying config changes with OMV5 on a raspberry 3. Applying the changes takes about 60 seconds before getting the lengthy message below. Afterwards OMV is still saying that configuration changes need to be applied.

I am also not seeing SMB/CIFS running under services (red indicator under running status column)

You mentioned in one of your previous posts to this thread in the list of backup options that one could write "own script using rsnyc". How does one execute sync from a script? Is there information on the CLI options for rsync?
    Really do appreciate your help cabrio_leo.

Thanks for the reply cabrio_leo.

I'm not really liking the idea of depending on another machine to issue the WOL packets. It assumes that the sending machine will be on all, or, most of the time. Id rather the OMV machine woke and slept on its own after doing the backup.

What about rtcwake? That would do both jobs of waking and sleeping the OMV machine for a set amount of time. This issues I see with that are the fact that it will have to be a CLI script that does the following:

• At wake, fire up the backup job.
    • Wait for when the job has finished.
    • execute rtcwake again to schedule the next wakeup
    • Repeat.

I'm not much of a script kind of guy but I should be able to muddle my way though something that would do this job. If this is the case then here are my questions for the OMV box:

• How does one execute a script at startup?
    • How does one execute a script at wake from sleep?
    • Once the script has executed the backup process (such as, but not limited to, rsync) how does one know that the plugin has completed its task so that rtcwake can be run to prepare for the next wakeup.
    • How do I get this to loop forever?
    • What backup plugin would be most appropriate for this application?

Thanks!

Hi,
    I'm seeking advice on how best to implement a NAS backup process. I have an existing ReadyNAS that I would like to periodically backup with my PC based OMV box. Ideally I would like this to be totally autonomous where the OMV box is usually sleeping. Once a week or so I would like for it to wake, then search the ReadyNAS for any changes and update its database to keep it current. After that I would like for the OMV box to then go back asleep, waiting for the next wakeup event to repeat the same sequence.The intention here is to have a backup that is mostly offline and untouchable by any malware, ransomware or whatever that can be used to restore my systems in the event of an infection.

Any advice on how to implement this?

Thanks very much!

I have Erasmus running on a RPi3 and would like to backup my ReadyNAS to a USB disk attached to the Pi. I understand I should be using the remote share plugin to mount the ReadyNAS and access it. However, I cant find the plugin in the plugins section. How do I obtain this plugin?

Thanks