Beiträge von geaves

Back again, just noticed your post here re docker have been having problems with mine and I am contemplating starting over due to some errors but my output is

But this is my Kernel Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.6-amd64 never updated it.

No worries geaves, I appreciate any time you can give. I'll start digging around too and see if I can find anything as well now that I have something to pivot on.

This could be the end of your Raid, I found this and this is worse than yours 8o seemed to solve the problem by cloning :?:

This one also looked useful but tbh I got lost in the information supplied.

I attached the the dmesg output due to max character limitations.

As a side note, using smartctl I ran extended offline tests against all the raid disks and they all completed without error.

Ok here's the output from dmesg that's stopping the raid from assembling;

Code
    [    2.449916] md: md0 stopped.
    [    2.452127] md: bind<sdb>
    [    2.453790] md: sdc does not have a valid v1.2 superblock, not importing!
    [    2.453805] md: md_import_device returned -22
    [    2.454074] md: sdd does not have a valid v1.2 superblock, not importing!
    [    2.454090] md: md_import_device returned -22
    [    2.454422] md: bind<sda>

As you can see the problem is with sdc and sdd missing the superblock, there should be a way of correcting it will need some research -> but I'm in the middle of cooking dinner, sorry, but will come back :thumbup:

My wife loves computers as well :D:D

What I would do if this was me, the system boots, shutdown, leave the boot drive in and one drive only. Install OMV-Extras and fully update the system, if you have done that -> great.

Ok backtrack, I'm a bit confused by this -> I can see the rest of the disks under storage -> disc. But I can make any file system on the other discs. OMV format the disk and says success, but the disc disappear in OMV afterwards.

Boot with 1 drive installed, Storage -> Disks select the disk and click wipe, I usually do the short option.
    File Systems -> Create, select the drive , give a label and select your file system, suggest ext4
    Does the drive still not display under File Systems once completed?

Ok, just tried the install and get the following;

Code
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-docker
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-machines
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-packagekit
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-storaged

But, it does install the first set of commands, searching, the option seems to be to add the following to the etc/apt/sources.list

Code
    deb  http://deb.debian.org/debian  stretch main
    deb-src  http://deb.debian.org/debian  stretch main

Hello all,
    I recently got some new drives and I'm confused to how to add them into my current strip raid. I have the drive showing up under the drives tab but how would I add it to the current raid that I'm using. I don't want to copy everything over as that would take days.
    Thanks.

You can't, if you have chosen Stripe raid when you created it the minimum is 2 disks and it's not Growable -> the information is the documentation.

The one thing about the US you can get PC equipment cheaper than here! It's things like the Odroid and RockPro64 they are based in the US or at least you can only purchase from the US, looking for those boards in the UK they are double +
    If I purchased the RockPro64 I would have to pay import VAT (there's no customs duty as it's under £135) then there would be shipping costs, then there could be another charge of up to £8 for collecting the import VAT depending upon the shipper.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Looks as if Brexit is not dead, Trump now saying trade deal may not be possible! Group of MP's have gone to the European Court of Justice to examine whether the UK can call off the process of leaving the EU without permission from the other member states.

What's the saying "It's not over til the fat lady sings" I often wonder where I would be if I had taken the job at Disney Florida when I was 20.

root@falco:~# mdadm --assemble --run --force /dev/md0 /dev/sd[bdc]

The above output is wrong hence the error invalid argument.

Try mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md0 /dev/sd[abcd]

Then check cat /proc/mdstat

Windows 10:

Your How-To is fine -> IMHO you're jumping through too many hoops. (Apologies if some of this is not in any form of logical order)

A lot of problems started from the Creators Update, biggest PITA ever, created so many problems for end users, but that's the norm for MS, subsequent updates appear to have resolved the initial issues. So the registry options should not be necessary and the current 'pinned' solution, technically, is out of date. Anyone who has a new W10 machine should not need to do any of that, likewise W10 Creator problems have been resolved so none of those options are relevant.

I have 6 machines running W10, 2 running 64 bit and 4 running 32 bit (two of which are netbooks!) The 64 bit versions have been the ones that have caused the problems, for whatever reason in the early days updates would error. Now, both are running 1803 and behaving, the 32 bit versions are the W7 updates, never been a problem.

All of my shares are guest access so my observation to Molok's solution is a mystery to me.

I believe Molok's fix came about because he completed the reset/recovery option, something I would never do, nor advise, do a clean install, in essence it's the same thing except with the clean install you need a backup of your working files. Something the average end user probably never does, so they opt for reset/recovery. I have completed a clean install on my W10 64 bit laptop twice due to update issues and I have never had to set that Lanman option -> technically a clean install should set up W10 the same as reset/recovery.

I found my own solution from the MS help forum and it worked! IMHO that is far simpler for an end user than running gpedit, then if doesn't work you have to do gpedit /force /boot because invariably the computer will need to restart to enable the change.

The BIG problem which MS have failed to resolve from the get go is name resolution, it does once the computer has been on the network for x amount of time, then you can resolve hostname to ip. The issue with W10 is MS networking relies on Function Discovery Resource Publication and WS-Discovery, so initially it will not locate something like OMV by hostname only by IP, therefore it will not display in File Explorer -> Network -> never ever!

The MS solution now once your nas is located is to map network drives, that way they always accessible unless your nas goes down.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

RE ASM; I've installed stuff before, then decide not to to use it :rolleyes: only to leave it on the system 'because it's not doing any harm' Your only other option is remove --purge to remove it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

Learn't something today, running the DHCP plugin for a while on OMV and I have removed the second Pi-Hole from the DNS settings so it's no only picking up DietPi. The wife is at home this morning (see SWMBO is quicker to type than The wife) :) -> she has no internet access ?(
    Well that's like signing your own execution order :D turns out the ip address has been renewed according to OMV but it had failed to issue (for whatever reason) the DNS of DietPi, so a simple /release /renew solved it, just seemed odd everything else on the network has been fine.

1. That would imply that no drivers are being loaded in D9 but they are in D8 OS's usually go forward not back.

2. What are you using for OMV's boot device? Are the drives visible under Storage -> Disks

3. According to the manual there are three options for the sata controller;

- AHCI (default)
    - IDE
    - Raid

The default should be the one you use, have you attached a monitor to check the boot process on screen as this will usually give information if the drives are being detected.

I didn't know all of these until this last weekend lol. sorry for opening a thread for something dumb like this

It's not dumb, it's asking for someone else's perspective, I had a similar issue, connection to server suddenly went slow having jumped through a few hoops turned out to be my Ethernet cable -> why? who knows, the only difference, the one I pulled was ready made, the one I used I made.