Beiträge von saitoh183

Im having the same issue that i cant write either. the mount is a windows directory set to share with everyone. i can create files with root but not normal user. Im using version 3.0.10 of the plugin.

the one im trying to write to is

Code
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root      root       0 Jun  6 00:14 9eeb6401-bd18-4970-8102-26490cf09202

i tried addinf the File_mod and Dir_mode but it didnt change anything.

Got it to work

I was able to replicate the problem. Working on how to fix it.

Im having the same issue that i cant write either. the mount is a windows directory set to share with everyone. i can create files with root but not normal user. Im using version 3.0.10 of the plugin.

the one im trying to write to is

Code
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root      root       0 Jun  6 00:14 9eeb6401-bd18-4970-8102-26490cf09202

i tried addinf the File_mod and Dir_mode but it didnt change anything.

I followed a guide on this forum to get NextCloud working via the Nginx plugin. I then activated two-factor authentication in NextCloud so that it would be as secure as possible from the outside world and installed the Let's Encrypt plugin to auto renew my certificate and wrap everything in HTTPS. My setup is working great, except I had to open the OMV admin web-page to the world in order for Let's Encrypt to do it's auto-renewal. The plugin tells me I should "...use a reverse proxy to direct all of Let's Encrypt validation calls to yourdomain.tld..." Unfortunately I've pushed way beyond my skill set. Can someone point me to some documentation that would be applicable for setting up a reverse proxy in OMV's Nginx plugin? So far all I can find are instructions for Nginx in Debian or Ubuntu via command-line. I can work in the command-line, but I'm not always comfortable as things tend to be slightly different in OMV.

A little google searching goes a long way :)

https://serverfault.com/questi…th-an-nginx-reverse-proxy

This should point you in the proper direction :)

The whole point of OMV is to set all that stuff up in UI. So you set up pools and most settings in the UI, including Let's Encrypt and SSL. Then you can add extra parameters (like reverse proxies) in the extra options. Setting up Let's Encrypt with a reverse proxy is fiddly, if that's what you want to do.

If you want to import your stuff directly, it might be better to just set up a VM with your own nginx, php7, and the applications that require php7.

Thanks, i think i will rethink omv for my apps server, i will use it for my storage server for sure so i can use MergerFS + snapraid. Since i cant use port 80 where i live, i cant use the letsencrypt plugin.

@Nibb31I will try without it, i prefer not complicated my life :)

How about nginx, is there a way to import my conf files into the nginx plugin interface. I assume i need to make a pool in the pool tab or it is not necessary if i have the pool info configured in the conf file already?

@Nibb31

Thanks for the reply. I wanted php7 because I was using it before with nginx since I was on Ubuntu 16.04. I had a reverse proxy with nginx for all my web apps with ssl setup via let's encrypt. So I wanted to reproduce this since I have most of the config backed up. The apps I need to setup are sonarr, Radarr, Ombi, plexpy, convos, Maria db, sickrage, deluge, Syncthing, organizr, jackett, cardigann, filebot and guacamole. On my second machine, i want to put mergerfs, snapraid and plex.

Docker seems to be complicated depending on the application. If i were to install php7 beside php5.6,would that cause issues?

I plan on setting up a vm with windows to run Japanese media manager since it only runs on windows.

Hi,

Im totally new to omv and so far I'm loving the experience. Im so so linux savvy (only been on linux in general a few month) but learning every day. I was hoping to find some help with configuring a few things.

First I was told that php7 isn't available on omv (till v4) and if I wanted it, I should use docker. Now I checked docker out and installed the omv plugin but after pulling the image via the plugin, I'm a bit confused on what to do next. there is a run image button which seems to do the same thing as create container but I dont know what options I need to put. If I could use the native php in omv, I would , I just dont know how the apps that need it will react (if they are still compatible with php5.6)

Since I'm talking about docker, should I use it for sonnar and raddar? or are the omv plugins stay up to date. I still have my db and config files for those apps and would like to use them to avoid having to reconfigure..is this possible?

Then there is nginx, I have a bunch of conf files I would want to use but I dont see how I can import them in the current interface of the nginx plugin.

Lots of the apps I want to use are in docker and some have omv plugins, is there advantages going with either or? like I would need mariadb and plex and syncthing...etc

Anyways I think that is it for now...still poking around :)