Beiträge von jdown

it is an old thread but i think i know what is the culprit here. If you backup your sd card/SSD, you have to use after a failure another card/ssd, which does not have as many sectors as last card/storage even if they have the same amount of space. To workaround this behaviour, i normally shrink the partition (for example 100 MiB) before to be sure that it will fit on the card with the same nominal space. I will test if you can use afterwards the dd full command in OMV.

Normally I use the dd command with the count method, which should copy a little more sectors than the shrinked partition, which worked flawlessly. I keep you updated

Have you solved your problem already? I encountered the same problem with OMV 6. WOL active at OMV GUI and Ethernet interface stays at g, so everything should be fine but something is still disabling the network device before shutdown. (BIOS is configured for WOL)

Hello,
    i have a question due to plex. At the moment i have OMV 3 and everything works perfect. I am using the union file system and created a pool.
    At the moment i have the library of plex at a specific hdd (this HDD is also at the pool), not a pool path.
    But when on this HDD is not enough space anymore, i have to transfer the library to the pool path. When i change the path in the OMV GUI, does it automatically move the whole media library or do i have to copy it manually?
    How should i proceed in such a situation?

Thank you for your help!