Beiträge von Sonic007

Hi,

Just wanted to update you all with where I'm at with this.

jata1.... Thankyou for your detailed explanation and taking the time to reply to me. I really appreciate it and you will be happy to know that things are working!

I think it was a combination of a few things. I went back and did everything from the beginning and followed your steps.
    Hadnt enabled the correct file sharing setting on my Mac, also re-did the smb permissions.

The other issue I found was to do with the ufw firewall on my RaspberryPi. I completly cleared all rules and set it up again from scratch making sure the following ports were open: 137, 138,139, and 445.

Everything is now working perfectly and I can see all my shared folders on my Mac.

Thankyou everyone for your help.

Hi everyone.

I firstly would like to thankyou all for your help. I'm learning as I go and it's thanks to people here that help to understand everything about OMV.

I was playing around last night and still not getting anywhere.

A few questions:

1) What should I use?
    I've enabled SMB and Apple Filing and installed the Netatalk plugin. Didn't do anything to it. Just added the plugin.

I want to be able to see a folder on my Mac called Media that I've created in the shared folders.
    I'd also like to add the drive to VLC Player.
    Under users it currently says Pi.

I know in Windows when I used to map drives I could log in with a user and passsword. I don't get a login option when doing an //smb on my Mac.

I do see Raspberry Pi and RaspberryPiSMB listed in a finder window under Shared.
    However clicking on them says can't connect.

Could it be a firewall issue?

I'm stumped. I know it must be something easy I'm overlooking.

Once again your help is appreciated.
    Thankyou.

Thankyou for therquick reply.

I'm sure I've tried the smb//ipaddressalreasy but will give it another go.

I was looking in priveleges. Do I need to select the user as in my user that is using my Macbook right now?
    At the moment it is just set as Pi as the user.

I do notice that in Shared in Finder I see Raspberry Pi and also RaspberryPiSMB or something similar.
    But when I click on them nothing connects.

Sorry if my questions are dumb. Im having a really busy week and very tired.

Thankyou for your help.

My goal is to be able to map this drive that has my media files to all my devices, starting with my Macbook.

Hi,

I'm new to the world of OMV and have got it installed on a Raspberry Pi.
    I've added a 1tb USB hard drive that is formatted as EXT4 and shows up in OMV.

Ive made a shared folder.

Now I would like to access this folder on my Macbook. How do I do this?

I thought it was simply a case of enabling smb but that didnt work. Then I installed a plugin to get Apple Filing. That hasnt worked either.
    I understand that you have to go in to those sections, (SMB or Apple Filing) and choose your shared folder. I've done that.

Now where am I going wrong?

I tried going to my mac and typing smb://ip-address/my_shared_folder

That has not worked.

I'm using a fixed IP address.

Can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong or if there is a permission Im not setting properly or anything?

Many thanks for your help. It is much appreciated,

Tim.