Beiträge von Traveler2100

Thanks. I have tried tune2fs earlier and I get an error:

tune2fs: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sde

Found a gpt partition table in /dev/sde

I have re-partitioned the drive a couple of times but given it's size, I end up with a gpt partition. The puzzler is that this drive worked fine for a year as a snapraid parity drive. I decided to quit snapraid and thought to use the drive as a straight data drive. Also I have the same problem with a 6T drive that won't mount. I have 4 drives mounted and haven't tried to unmount and re-mount them since I don't want to lose access to those drives as well.

Below is the fstab. Note that the last entry is the 6T I mounted through OMV and then reverted after getting the error. OMV apparently didn't remove it from fstab.

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.

#

# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a

# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices

# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).

#

# systemd generates mount units based on this file, see systemd.mount(5).

# Please run 'systemctl daemon-reload' after making changes here.

#

# <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>

# / was on /dev/sda2 during installation

UUID=10e51573-8907-44b3-9954-9e5971a6dbc3 / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1

# /boot/efi was on /dev/sda1 during installation

UUID=A8E1-9C08 /boot/efi vfat umask=0077 0 1

# swap was on /dev/sda3 during installation

UUID=293d05d7-8791-4f47-b5ab-67ce6a72640b none swap sw 0 0

# >>> [openmediavault]

/dev/disk/by-uuid/b462bbb6-5cb8-482f-b83a-506c4c6e9c9a /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b462bbb6-5cb8-482f-b83a-506c4c6e9c9a ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.>

/dev/disk/by-uuid/59b7c737-98d3-4973-b13c-983cdf32a583 /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-59b7c737-98d3-4973-b13c-983cdf32a583 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.>

/dev/disk/by-uuid/33bca134-fba3-4dba-a607-dd08c4a981ea /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-33bca134-fba3-4dba-a607-dd08c4a981ea ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.>

/dev/disk/by-uuid/7eb3dc85-a746-4ad7-815d-b035e6ba1afc /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-7eb3dc85-a746-4ad7-815d-b035e6ba1afc ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.>

/dev/disk/by-id/usb-SABRENT_SABRENT_WD-WXJ1H26R0TE2-0:0 /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-SABRENT_SABRENT_WD-WXJ1H26R0TE2-0-0 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.>

# <<< [openmediavault]

I did wipe and format EXT4 on OMV, also tried exFAT, ext3 and ntfs. No drives will mount through the GUI, I tried a 6t as well, but they will mount with fstab. something is out of whack with OMV.

I think it has something to do with quotas but 4 other drives are remounted at startup and the logs indicate no issues.   I just can't figure why it mounts with fstab and not through the GUI.  And as luck would have it, copying the notification to the clipboard fails with a notification saying it failed but no indication as to why.  I captured the error with a screen capture, attached below. Thanks.    

I'm running OMV6 on an Intel NUC with a Celeron processor. I unmounted a 10T USB drive to repurpose it. I wiped it, formatted EXT4 and now it will not mount. I get a 500 Error that includes:

quotaon: Your kernel probably supports ext4 quota feature but you are using external quota files. Please switch your filesystem to use ext4 quota feature as external quota files on ext4 are deprecated.

I can't give the entire error since for some reason copy to clipboard fails and post a message saying it failed. I have 4 other FS and have been running without issues. This was a fresh install when 6 was in late beta and has been upgraded regularly since.

It seems it is related to the quota issue and I have run out of things to try. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

The readme describes them very well - https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs

If it worked on OMV 4.x, I would think it would work on 5.x or 6.x. They are still using the same union system. I just assumed mergerfs was the problem since we have seen it on other things. If your pool is mounted, the plugin is doing its job. I guess you could compare the mount options but I think they are the same. If all else fails, you could file an issue on the mergerfs github to see if trapexit has an idea.

Plugins are all working fine and I can't remember exactly how I mapped the drive on 4 but I thought it was through the sharedfolders directory but I am second guessing myself now and I may have mapped it through /srv/device-by-uuiid in which case maybe I did map to a single drive and didn't realize it since I had more than one backup system writing to the merged filesystem.

In any case I going to quit trying to make it work and go to some combo of one drive systems. Thanks for your help and omv-extras support, they have been well used on my system.....

I started out with Existing path and then switched to Most Free Space, I haven't tried shared path. I'm not really clear on the difference in the new implementation.

This won't change. You are running up against limitations of fuse and split drives with urbackup. The only real choice you have is to use one drive for urbackup.

I'm sorry to hear that. I used UnionFS and urBackup plugin on OMV 4 for years and decided to upgrade since OMV4 is EOL. It kinda defeats the need for MergedFS for me since backup is my primary use of the NAS. I couldn't use RAID on 4 since these are USB drives so I used UnionFS and Snapraid plugins. Thx

I'm running an OMV 6 RC1 fresh install with OMV-Extras. Docker and Portainer are up and running and MergerFS installed. urBackup runs fine in Docker when a single drive is used as storage but fails when a MergerFS is used as the DB and Storage FS. The docker stack deploys but urBackup GUI loads saying it is upgrading the DB from version 0 to version 0. I have two merged FS and tried it on both, re-merged the drives, tried with fStab and without.

Also I noticed that apparently the two merged systems do not populate the drive with the most free space since I have one drive that is empty and another with 4T and a 2x8T merged system. Running on an Intel NUC dual core with 4G memory, 100G partition on internal drive OS install.

I realize this are early releases and a work in progress, so just offering as information or in case I am missing something obvious.......thx

Thanks for the suggestion. I dont think it is a Linux problem because I am running it on an Asus router without issue and on Ubuntu as well. I am running the Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 kernel. The device ID is 152d:0561.

152d JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp.I found this online where someone was having trouble with the device on Arch Linux. Coupled it with an ODROID XU4 Single Board Computer using Arch Linux with software raid (ext4). Note: had issue with USB dropping out and fixed it with the following:
    lsusb -v <-- determine drive ID
    nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist_uas.conf <-- edit or create
    options usb-storage quirks=152d:0561:u <-- add this line replacing the "quirks=xxxx:xxxx:u" with your device id pulled from lsusb -v. This adds the config parameter to the uas kernel module at boot time to blacklist
    mkinitcpio -p linux-odroid-xu3 <-- rebuild image
    reboot <-- reboot for changes to take effect

I don't have the file he references in OMV and I am not sure what it does so I haven't made any mods.

I am running OMV 3.0.76 on an Intel NUC with a Celeron processor. I have a WD Duo 8T configured as hardware Raid 1 and a 1T WD passport that setup and work fine with OMV. I also have a Archgon dual 2.5 inch 1T drives that is a hardware raid as well. This device work fine with Windows and Linux but will not work in any configuration with OMV. I have tried hardware/software Raid 0,1, JBOD and Individual disk. No matter the configuration, the system crashes during file system format. This is a USB 3.0 "super speed" device and that may be causing the issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Archgon…&sr=8-42&keywords=archgon

Royce