Beiträge von Hecatonchyr

Ok I fixed the problem.

I have a shared folder on my RAID1 named jeedom that contains everything jeedom related and that I point in Host path when creating the Docker image. Turns out when I recreated the Docker container on my new OMV I pointed to that same folder in Host path and the settings in that shared folder Jeedom were still from my old OMV. I stopped and deleted the Docker container for jeedom, deleted and recreated the shared folder jeedom, and rerun the Docker image for jeedom with Host path for the new shared folder jeedom and now it works.

Hello,

I had OMV 2.2.14 and decided to start fresh on 3.0.86 so I just reinstalled on my system drive. Just to clear things up I formatted the system drive with GParted to be really sure I started anew so there is no traces whatsoever of my old OMV settings.
    So far so good except for MySQL plugin.

In 2.2.14 the databases were stored on a shared folder on my RAID1 but now it seems on 3.0.86 the databases are stored on system drive in /var/lib/mysql. No problem for me I didn't really have anything in it.

So I just enabled the plugin and created a new database for jeedom contained on a docker.

The docker is running fine except that when I try to load the webGUI of jeedom (I changed the port 80 to avoid conflict with OMV WebGUI) I get the following error :

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.15' (113)

192.168.1.15 was my old OMV 2.2.14 adress but I moved to 192.168.1.35 with 3.0.86. How is it possible that the MySQL database uses my old OMV 2.2.14 settings ? I did not import anything, just started fresh a new MySQL plugin and databases. And how can I change that path to the new adress ?

Thanks

Awesome ! It works flawlessly I created the script with nano and used mv to move it to bin, I added it in my scheduled jobs to run every week that's perfect thanks !

When I checked the smart errors I only had some (about 15) on my system drive, and all were ABRT; it seems that each time I go look at this drive attributes it records that error because I checked the tab 4 times today and it reported 4 errors, each at the time I checked. Drive otherwise does not show any other problem (raw values for 5, 7, 196, 197, 198, 199 are all 0).

Hello all,

Currently I log on my OMV once in a while just to take a look at the SMART attributes of my disks (not talking about tests, just look at information like 5 (reallocated sectors count), 7, 196, 197 etc).

Is there a way to automate this so my OMV would send me an email every day for example with these values ? Again I do not want to do selftests etc, just a quick peek at the SMART values.

Also, why is there no 187 and 188 (reported uncorrectable errors and command timeout) ?

Thanks

All right, here are the things I did :

_First I understood the difference between client and server, something that is not emphasized enough (or at all) in most of the sources. I want to establish my OMV as a client, and it turns out that almost everything in the internet is for setting a server. Nevertheless I managed to gather the little information there is.

_So I took the files my VPN provider gave me, the crt/key/pem etc, and transfered them with WinSCP in /etc/openvpn

_Then I started openvpn; didn't work, cipher list does not match, turns out openvpn 2.2.1 is too old.

_I use this openvpn tutorial to upgrade to latest openvpn 2.4.2 on Wheezy, because the Debian repositories have 2.2.1 as latest

_It almost works. No more cipher error, it almost connects, but I get an error at the end :

Code
    /sbin/ifconfig tun0 add fyu0:d1d1:cafe::1194::1004/64
    SIOCSIFADDR: Permission denied
    Exiting due to fatal error

I am running the openvpn start command as root and with sudo.

edit :

Ok I made it work by doing

Code
    sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=0

openvpn or ifconfig was trying to setup some ipv6 which was apparently not supported. Fixed now with no ipv6.

Initialization Sequence completed as I started openvpn, only that the program was hanging... No possibility to write a new command. So I stopped with ctrl + c and added --daemon at the end of the openvpn start command. It correctly starts and I could write commands again right after.

VPN seems to work as if I traceroute 8.8.8.8 I start at an adress of 10.x.x.x with a completely different route as before.

Thanks... I do hope this will be useful to someone somewhere sometimes.

Hello all, completely new user who discovered Linux with OMV few days ago. As such, I do not know a single thing about CLI and managed to do everything in WebGUI (rsync, usb backup, Raid, torrent, etc)... Until now.

I have a VPN provider, and would like to use for with OpenVPN. I was not able to make it work with the WebGUI, specifically was not able to download the key and cert of my VPN provider and suspect I have to use CLI or SSH to make it work. My VPN provider gave me all the config files necessary, a .cert, .key, some .conf, a .opvn...

Is there a quick guide or someone who can help me with the commands to use ? I have read almost everything that is on the internet on that subject but since I discovered Debian and lines of commands 4 days ago it might as well be chinese I don't understand a single thing (but intend to learn and eventually know all about it).

Thanks a lot in advance