Beiträge von goliath

hey, I got the same problem and filebrowser worked after a reboot, same for photoprism

Thank you very much! I did not try that (usually, my server never reboorts, only with power failure hahaha).

Problem solved! Filebrowser and Wetty are working like a charm!

This new feature of OMV is awesome because of it's simplicty!

Personally wait a bit longer it does appear that 2 hours or more are required, why I don't know

But wait between what actions? Uninstall, then wait 2 hours, then install and wait other 2 hours? What is the reason of that waiting? Something magical happens in between? hahaha

Hello

I have the same problem. Installation successfully, but Login not possible. Username or Password wrong.

It is not the same problem. I cannot access the UI so I cannot even login.

I just tried wetty, to check if this is happening in other plugins and yes, it is happening the same.

The service is up and running, but I am not able to access it from my local network. I also tried to change the port, but did not work neither.

I did not read that thread, I just caught up.

I tried to remove the plugin and install again, but without no success.

The services is up and running fine I think.

I am running OMV 6.0.18-1. I wanted to try the new plugin for FileBrowser but it seems I cannot reach them from outside OMV:

The service is running (checked with postman ps and postman logs filebrowser)

In OMV (conected with ssh), if I try curl SERVER-IP:3670 it shows me the html of the page, but, if I try to access it from my computer (in the same local network), it does not work.

In firefox I get an error "The connection has timed out". Not the same as if I type a random port numbe (unable to connect).

I have a lot of service running with docker (I even could try filebrowser with docker), but I prefer to running with OMV if possible. Any ideas how to solve this?

I have never worked with podman before. With docker I do not have to add any firewall rule or something like that to access to any container. Just expose some port and them access it from SERVER-IP:PORT

I installed OMV6 and installed hd-idle as I had in OMV5. My problem is that there is some process that is reading all my disks (I have 3 sata connected) every 10 seconds, a little reading that is preventing hd-idle to spin down the disks.

SMB and SSH are the only services that I have running. I stopped all my docker services (except graphana, telegraf and influxdb) and this is what I can see:

r9zauyX.png

I tried to find out with iotop, but I only could see this:

G5Et510.png

I have the three disks joined with mergefs. Tryed to disable it, but the readings where still happening.

No idea how to fix that.

EDIT: Funny thing: If I force the disks to spindown (hd-idle -a disk), they do not wake up, so I guess that reading is not happening any more. Not sure what is happening.

I created a new user but the first time I logged in with ssh, a message said that it couldn't find the path to its home (hadn't created it yet) under / home / user.

I want to modify the bashrc file of that user to be able to add the line that gives colors when I connect through ssh (export LS_OPTIONS = '- color = auto'). But I don't know where that file is.

For the root user, it is in /root/.bashrc but for the new user, having no home, I don't know where it is.

I have created the home folder of that user and added the same file that root has but it does not seem to be working.

Where is the .bashrc file located for new users?

My problem is:

I have a docker container running with the latest image of a service.
    I want to run an older image of that service with the same configuration as the first one. But if I try to copy or modify the current docker container, I cannot change the docker image from image:latest to any image:older_version.

So I have to create a new container from scratch.

Is there any way to solve that? Thanks

Hi,

I'm starting with snapraid and trying to set up an automatic schedule for sync and scrub tasks.

With the snapraid-diff schedule job will I be covered? I've read in the script that it does a diff, and then a sync. I have also make the option to make a scrub after a sync (but the panel option "Scrub frequency" set to 7 days I have no idea what does) . And it does it once a day. At what time exactly?

Is making a sync once a day really necessary if you do not change your files so often?

OMV is not an operating system but just a rather huge addition to Debian.

That was the key!

With Debian 9 and all my drives connected, it worked. So I install then OMV and everything is working right now!! :D

I think my problem was that I was installing OMV with just one drive (S.O. drive), and after installation and first boot, when plugging the others 4 drivers was when I wasn't able to boot anymore. Something strange... (grub and device boot priority in motherboard was correctly configured).

So thanks you all!

While this may not help, here's a question; are you building OMV on the SD-card, with the 4 drives inserted,, or are you plugging the drives in after the build is complete?

Looking at another angle, have you looked at the BIOS settings of what must be an add-on sata/sas card (for the 2 extra ports)? Who makes the card and what model is it?

I plugged the drives after OMV installation.

The sata card is something like this: https://www.amazon.com/SODIAL-…21a-chipset/dp/B008SK1AW6

OMV is not an operating system but just a rather huge addition to Debian. OMV4 is based on Debian 9 so in case you struggle with OMV4's own ISO I would suggest trying out a Debian 9 amd64 install (your CPU is 64-bit, right?) and if that boots with 4 disks connected then install OMV in a second step following this guide.

Yes, I installed that way. First debian (minimum installation) and then OMV. After that, connect the 4 disks and...mek! nothing is show in screen after grub...Remove 1 disk (any of them) and everything goes fine.

I have been trying to install OMV4 for a couple of days and it has been impossible for me. Let me tell you:

My nas has an intel d525mw board. I have installed OMV4 in a sd card. The installation is correct, but once I connect the 4 hard drives that I have (2 to the native SATA ports of the board and 2 to a PCI card), after going through the screen of the grub, the pc remains dead and does nothing, just black screen.

I've tried with several SATA cables, with another power supply, changing the order of the disks ... and there's no way. With 3 connected disks, it boots perfectly. If I connect the 4, it does not start. I've gone mad.

In the end, I tried again to install OMV3,in case it was a problem to install it on the sd card (I previously had installed it in another HD), and that was not the reason, since everything works perfectly.

Do you know where the problem may come from? I'm disappointing not to be able to use OMV4 and have to stay in 3.

It's not a problem with the SATA cables.
    The power supply is not a problem.
    It's not a problem with hard drives.
    With 3 discs works (whichever they are), with 4 does not.
    In OMV3 the 4 work, in OMV4 no.

I do not know what else to try.