Beiträge von shepscrook

You cannot access the NAS? Make sure you have it's IP address from your router first. You should be able to access it via it's webgui with ease.

I've got a Banana Pi that I did the same thing with for fun and it works great.

So my old thread got purged and I couldn't update it. Here's my current build and the upgrade plans.

Chassis: Norco 4220U 20 Bay Hot-Swap

Motherboard: Supermicro X9SRL-F Motherboard:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620v2

Memory: 4x8GB DDR3 ECC

OS DRIVE: Kingston SSDNow V 40GB SSD (Will be upgrading to either an Intel 510 120GB or Intel 535 240GB

VM DRIVE: Crucial MX100 512GB SSD

CONTROLLER: Intel 8 Port Controller

EXPANDER: Intel 24 Port Expander

HDD(S): 14x WD Green 2TB (Will be upgrading to 12x WD 4TB RED)

PSU: Seasonic M12II 620W Modular

The primary use for this system is to store media, photography and system downloads/backups.

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

What do you do with this "Titan"?

I store Photography, Media etc. on it.

As far as why I chose the green drives vs the red drives, was that at the time, the red drives were not available and the green drives were selling for $69.99 or sometimes cheaper. So I stocked up. The power draw is also nice and low on the green drives and they've performed flawlessly for the past 1-2 years at this point. Would I prefer something more suited to a server environment? Sure, but it's not in the budget at this time.

And no, I didn't go out of my way to buy a Tunic Tower for the server. I had that already and figured some massive heatsink with a 120mm fan was better than a stock Intel socket 775 cooler.

The ram at the time was a deal. I purchased all 8GB of ram for $24 Sept. 2011.

This is my constant work in progress. I'll have some pictures coming soon. My plan is to fill some more of the bays soon.

The current setup has all 14 drives in RAID6

I came from a FreeNAS setup which I ran into issues constantly.

OS Drive: Kingston 40GB SSDNow-V

NORCO RPC-4220 4U - 24Port 6G Hotswap

Intel Core 2 Duo Q8200S - 2.33ghz, 4MB Cache, 65w

Tuniq Tower 120 (Heatsink + Fan)

Supermicro C2SEA-O Motherboard -

8GB (4x2GB) Crucial DDR3

2x LSi/3Ware 9650SE-8LPML

Seasonic M12II 620W Modular PSU

5x 2.0TB Western Digital WD20EARS
    5x 2.0TB Western Digital WD20EARX
    4x 2.0TB Western Digital WD20EZRX
    6x 1.0TB Western Digital