Beiträge von moosefist

Doesn't marcel host everything on Git? I wonder how hard it would be for someone else to pickup and adopt. I am clueless myself, but I sure would like it updated. What exact aspect of the plugin is actually broken in .4?

Yeah, I am sure I could figure it out. The documentation / community around greyhole seems to be very small at the moment with the exception of amahi (tried it, not impressed). I figured this is going to be a mess anyway i handle it because of migrating so much data. Correct me if I am wrong there is not a huge difference from .3 -> .4. Basically from what I understand it is a stepping stone to .5 where some more major changes are made.

I have a 64gb SSD (OMV installed) and a 3tb blank drive. My plan is to migrate 1.6tb of data off a 2tb drive to the greyhole array and then wipe the 2tb drive and add it to the array. Should I be using the SSD for my landing zone? I understand I would need to move everything in small enough chunks, but would it create issues when I add the new drive a balance the data (I think thats what balance is for?)?

Is greyhole supported on fedaykin? I am setting up a new NAS tomorrow and I think greyhole is perfect for what I need. I am starting with a 3tb drive and very soon after migrating a bunch of data I will be adding a 2tb drive to the pool. All the data is scattered currently between 2x500gb and the 2tb drive. Basically I plan on adding storage as needed or when I can afford it and I think greyhole makes that easier than RAID arrays or am I mistaken. Thanks.