Beiträge von vlaves

Hi together,

I have a USB 3.1 4-bay HDD Case attached to my NAS where I am running openmediavault 6.x on. It is a fresh install on the internal NVME and everything is updated.

But I have a problem, that the Device Symlinks of my 4-bay USB HDDs don't stay consistent on reboots or on reconnecting the USB case. I have attached two screenshots showing the change. Is there a place in linux (sorry total noob) where I can set these drives to always mount with the same device symlink. I read already on that it maight be something I can adjust in the udev script, but of course I am not sure.

And I don't want to start building up a RAID with the disks, not being sure that my RAID will get mounted on reboot.

Thanks for the support in advance.

Regards

vlaves

I have done something similar, cause already having a NTFS-Data drive and only 1 more data disk. So I installed OMV 3 on an USB3-Stcik and mounted in webinterfase the NTFS disk successfully. I created then a degraded RAID 1 device /dev/md0 by using this command:

Code
    mdadm --create /dev/md0 -l 1 -n 2 /dev/sdd1 missing

And the raid got created and was visible in webinterface. Monuted it, created a filesystem on it and started creating shares.
    With rsync in webinterface I started copying all shared folders from the NTFS data drive to the new RAID.

Had a reboot in between and the md0 got not mounted. How do I make OMV mount the md0 raid permanently, also after reboot. This is the only thing not working me so far.

Can I later, once permanently mpounting is working, repair the Raid (after finishing copy of old data) witin the webinterface?

So far I am really impressed with OMV 3. It is the first time using it. Thanks in advance for your support here :)