Beiträge von jw255

Setup: OMV w/ 2 x 2tb drives in a Software RAID 1 formatted ext3 in a mini-itx case w/ hot-swap trays.

Question: With software RAID 1, can I remove one disk, hook it up to my ubuntu desktop (I have a SATA to USB adapter), and view / access / copy the files & folders?

I tried, but it didn't mount the drive or seem to recognize that partitions existed on the drive. Am I doing something wrong? Is this possible?

Well, I figured it out and feel dumb for not noticing the cause before.

The domain name was populated with my ISP, comcast, to something like this: .xx.xxx.xx.comcast.net, but since it started with a dot (.), it is invalid. I should have noticed the Domain Name field underneath Hostname was underlined in red. Changed domain to "local", and it updated the hostname just fine.

Hello All,

I can not change the hostname on my new OMV install.

I go to: System - General - Network -> hostname field, change the value (have tried "nas", "backup" and "openmediavaulter"), click OK, and get no result, no "Please Wait....Saving" message or anything. It does not update the hostname.

I have also tried ssh:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# hostname
    openmediavault
    root@openmediavault:~# hostname nas
    root@openmediavault:~# hostname
    nas
    root@openmediavault:~#

but after rebooting, it always returns to openmediavault.

Is this set in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf? Here is the contents:

Code
    option rfc3442-classless-static-routes code 121 = array of unsigned integer 8;

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
            domain-name, domain-name-servers, domain-search, host-name,
            netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope, interface-mtu,
            rfc3442-classless-static-routes, ntp-servers;

send fqdn.fqdn "openmediavault.comcast.net.";

I actually tried changing the last line to:

Code
    send fqdn.fqdn "nas.comcast.net.";

But it messed something up, so I just reinstalled to test again, but same behavior

How do I change the hostname and why isn't the webgui working? Thanks!