Beiträge von InvalidHandle

Well what type of RAM? DDR2/3/4? speed? voltage?

700 Watts is a lot, what type and efficiency?

There are some Mini-ITX boards out there that fit classic desktop RAM. Limits are often 2 slots up to 32 GB of RAM. I use 2 different ones myself

It's DDR3 RAM. I've also found some socket 1150 Mini-ITX motherboards that seem fine, but I'm afraid these will use more power than mobo's with onboard CPU (Not sure why I assume that ?)
    If I build a NAS with a say G1850 CPU, what (ballpark) power consumption should I expect ?

What type of power supply and RAM do you have "laying around"? Do you have a case already? If not, what abaut Mini-ITX?

For CCTV: Specify more details here, depending on resolution and amount of cameras, storage-performance and NIC performance can be quite important.

It's a greatly overdimensioned PSU (700W) as it belonged in my desktop. I also have the case and RAM of that desktop. Mini-ITX rarely fits full sized ram sticks so I'm looking at µATX. For amount of camera's I'll stick to max. 4 at 720p probably. But CCTV is not really a necessity as I already have a (very bad, but still) NVR

Hi

I'm thinking of building a NAS that runs OMV but I need some help picking a proper motherboard and CPU. I have a case, RAM and PSU laying around so I'd like to repurpose that.
    I was thinking of buying a mobo with onboard CPU, because of its low power usage (and because it's also pretty cheap)
    The NAS would mainly be used to store movies and series files and I'd open the files using VLC from my PC (SMB share would be sufficient I think), I was also thinking to run ZoneMinder as well, to record 4 IP cameras, but I'm unsure how much processing power I'd need for that.
    So the setup I have in mind right now is the following, if you have any suggestions or what I should look out for, please leave a reply :) .

Mobo: ASUS N3150M-E (contains Celeron N3150 1.6GHz Quad core CPU)
    Ram: 8GB DDR3