Beiträge von dlarra

i had to rebuild few times my NAS here is what i found.

1. you shouldn't use windows username/password matching OMV user share/password try something different.
    2. because i was coming from FreeNAS i had a Ubuntu Server ruining on my network with active directory i had to take it off from my network and remove all machines from the domain and move set up all windows machines to default workgroup "WORKGROUP"

on my OVM i follow this step to config my NAS.

Most of this steps require to apply changes.

1. Running install with default settings.
    2. when first login to OMV GUI change password (System -> General Settigs -> Web Administrator Password)
    3. Fixed my Time Zone (System -> Date & Time)
    4. Set up Domain Name to WORKGROUP (System -> Network)
    5. System Plugins Install Extras (omv-extras)
    6. Enable Testing Plugins (System -> OMV-Extras)
    7. Check and Install Unionfilesystems plugins (System -> plugins)
    8. Add New Drives as ext4 (Storage - Filesystem)
    9. Merge the drives (Storage - Unionfilesystems)
    10. Create a group "shares" (Access Right Management -> Groups)
    11. Create a user and assigned to shares (Access Right Management -> User)
    12. Create a share and set privileges Read/Write to group "shares" (Access Right Management -> Shared Folders)
    13. Enable Samba with default settings (Services -> SMB/CIFS)
    14. On shares tab select shared folder previously created, on public i set up guest allowed and save.

you maybe need to restart windows machine to access OMV (\\youOMVrip\) on file explorer.

I started to try to build a NAS few weeks ago, started at FreeNAS works perfect but didn’t like ZFS pools system too rigid for home use, then I found snapraid and openmediavault option so I got my hands on it, first I move my 4 tb info back windows ntfs drives, then format my NAS with open media vault try NFS on 2 disk and works great I couldn’t get smb work with my windows machines, then move all my info back to open media add more disk 5- 2TB total and start setting up snapraid 4 disk for data, content and 1 disk for parity, then I try to get Union Filesystems set up and I lose access to my shares.

Try reinstalling open media vault mount drives but got the same permission error.

Not sure where to start to get my nas working any ideas?