Beiträge von prego

Ok, absolutely understandable :)
    Then I think my use case is not very complex and thus I never had problems with netatalk an samba together on xenial using ext4.

Going with option 2, the problem of my first posting persists ;) The whole VM is crashing on accessing the AFP-Shares.
    Did not try for TimeMachine explicitely, though.

Any Ideas on that? Or should I try, as already suggested, to update the netatalk Jessie-backport to the current version?

@tkaiser

I have to admit, that this OMV install is for home use and testing. Before that I had an Ubuntu 16.04.2 with netatalk and samba together which worked out fine. Never had locking issues or something - but this was only accessed by two simultaneous users.

I currently have 2 options:
    - AFP for all shares with SMB-read-only for the non-mac clients
    - Full SMB with AFP only for Timemachine

Another option is to roll my own Ubuntu VM again... but OMV looks very good and it's a breeze for settings, shares, privileges and so on.

Currently I'm thinking of option 2 with OMV. Do you have any suggestions on which way to go?

Hi,

I'm having the same problem:

ESX 6.5 HPE 650.9.6.5.27 (MicroServer Gen8, P420 Raid 10)
    openmediavault 3.0.84 (Erasmus)
    openmediavault-netatalk 3.2.10
    OS X Sierra 10.12.6

The shares are working over CIFS without any problem. Copied 14GB minutes ago.
    But if I use the same shares via AFP and try to list a directory or acces files, the whole VM reboots. The share's root directory is shown, though.

The syslog has no sign for anything that went wrong, as you can see here at 22:51:59:

Any other hints for hunting down this problem?

All other VMs on this ESXi (mainly Ununtu) are working without any flaws. I've already changed the OMV VM to "Other Linux > 3.x 64bit". On other machines (bare metal and VMs) I have an Ubuntu 16.04 with netatalk 2.2.5-1 installed which works without any problem.

Cheers,
    Patrik

//edit:

found this in the daemon.log "^@^@^@^@^":