Beiträge von Wek

@tinh_x7I would like to remember you that omv4 is still in beta, is not officially relesed, (there is not even an iso for it) so not all plugins are ready now, if you absoulutely need them, just don't switch until the omv4 will be ready and will be out as the new stable.

Having said that, emby plugin is not present even on omv3, to be honest I don't see a point on an emby plugin, is pretty straight forward to install with the means you already have like apt-tool, @ryecoaaron has also made a video on how to do it through the webgui omv video, I hope it does help you cheers!

Great updates @qwertz123 I will try update it aswell!

About that, could you please share the zip file of the bios update?! I still can't get my head around that site how to download it, maybe is something related with my browser 8| I don't know, but would you be so kind to share the file please?

@ryecoaaron thanks man, no big deal, actually, after I tried to make the command through command line I understood what was going on, I just thought to share the webgui "issue" not warning you, so newcomers and non commandline expert can troubleshoot it better.

Anyway thanks for the headsup on omv extras.org I knew that, but there is no wiki for the plugins, I was looking more for something like that for the various plugin, I guess there are not much man power for it, apart from some guides on this forum, so I would like to partecipate and give you my help for it, if you will ever decide to create something like that in a "more official" way, I would be honored to give something back to this project :)

While we are at it, I just would like to ask you a question without open a new thread, just for curiosity, the most painful aspect of reinstalling omv to me it's reset the firewall rules for the new build etc, mostly because the repetitive task to add port one by one, and when you start to playing around with your omv box the list can became quite long, I was wondering is it difficult to implement a button on the omv firewall to be able to load\save iptables configuration?!

Like a couple of button for iptables-save > file.conf and iptables-restore < file.conf, because unfortunately doing this through the terminal of course does work, but the ports will not be displayed in the gui aswell, so not very useful, I was wondering if could be implemented in the gui directly, but I don't know how much work this is though, just asking out of curiosity

Nevermind, I solved by my own, through ssh and the command

teamviewer passwd newpass

I just found out is not a plugin problem, it's just teamviewer not accepting more than 12 characters as password, so if you put more than 12 in the gui it will not be changed, but didn't give you any error message\alert about it through the webgui\plugin.
    You get it just from commandline:

Code
    # teamviewer passwd aztesk0nnoArchit213124

password too long  - use 12 or less characters [E12]

That's security, good job teamviewer team 8| never seen a software complaining about too long password :°D always the other way around.

Anyway @ryecoaaron maybe could be a good idea to replicate the same message through the webgui\plugin too?! sorry to have called you in the discussion, but I don't know who created the plugin, so I hope you know who is he and point me in the right direction for plugin feature asks maybe?!

Hi everyone, I'm having some issue changing password for teamviewer host.

The plugin seems straightforward there is just three buttons, activate teamviwer host and reset password or changing id.
    So I would expect reset password to change teamviwer password to connect to it.

Unfortunately it didn't seem to work, I tried Reset password with the plugin activated and deactivated also, still when I try to connect to it, it says the password is wrong so clearly is not changing it.

Am I missing something here, how to properly use it?

Moreover, I was looking through the forum and the omv wiki, but found nothing about teamviewer host plugin (or other plugins I was looking at back in the past) so I'm wondering did I miss some other sites where the plugin are discussed?! or maybe some github pages?!?

It seems strange to me that a plugin is been created for omv, but there is none discussion about it or some threads from who requested or created it.
    So I hope I have looked everywhere, but if I'm missing some specific thread please advise

Actually I think it does matter on transcoding am I wrong?!
    By the way here is a more direct comparison between the two:

i5 vs Xeon

The only thing that really seems different (apart from 1 ghz difference between the two, but I don't know in a server\media server environment how much difference does it make) is:

• Non support for AES and AVX on the Xeon (that's a pity for the security)
    • Non support for Intel Virtualization Technology Direct I\O on the i5 (that could be useful for future virtualization uses, not planning on use them though)
    • Xeon be slightly more power hungry
    • Xeon supports ECC memory

Still I don't know if it would be worth to use the Xeon instead of the i5 for omv, any other thoughts?

Hi everyone, I've got as an old "gift" an HP Proliant ML110 G6 that spin an Intel Xeon X3430, so I was thinking to use it as my home server (backup, nas, emby streamer, nextcloud) to substitute my actual rig with an i5-3570k (that I didn't use anymore, was my old desktop pc).

I was thinking that despite be old a dedicated server\mobo cpu as the xeon would be better in "performance" and more over as less power usage than an i5 unlocked, but looking at charts it even seems the i5 consume less power.
    I'm no expert about xeon cpus, so I was thinking if you guys could give your opinion on that.

Unfourtunatly on paper the only thing that seems better in favor of the HP is the support for ECC memory (that could be awesome), but again it has only 2 gb of them, so I eventually should upgrade them.
    That's a pity I really would like to put this server to good use, but right now at least to me doesn't seem really worth the effort what do you guys think? am I missing something about the hp xeon that is worth it to revive?

I'm trying to set notification with a mail I've with hosting service aruba.it, to set it it uses the seguent settings:

Code
    smtps.aruba.it
    port 465
    use ssl\tls

the problem is, if I test the mail with sending test mail the mail never arrive and in syslog I've got this error:

Code
    Oct 16 12:15:08 sea postfix/smtp[26908]: 20A48C1EB5: to=<testadmin@testomv.it>, relay=smtps.aruba.it[62.149.156.218]:465, delay=202, delays=0.04/0.05/202/0, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred (lost connection with smtps.aruba.it[62.149.156.218] while receiving the initial server greeting)

Does omv notification works with mail outside of gmail?
    Because it's an odd error, also when I installed postfix I configured it as:

Internet Site

don't know if makes any difference (I think is the right config to pick right?)

Thank you @flmaxey for the tip! I will look into it and see if it works, before I throw this damn thing through the window :) thank you a bunch (of course I created just a folder share only for the scanner, so I hope will work with your trick!)

@donh yep I was thinking about it just as last resort, less service I have loaded much more I'm happier with and less hassle to mantain, but of course if it will not work I will go ftp style

I will report back as soon as I will reach the studio hoping for the best!

I have a little problem with a stupid piece of junk of a printer\scanner of ricoh it should scan\save files into a omv's smb share...

After a lot of pain and frustration, I realized that it only works if I set the shared folder to allow guest, no matter if I create a user and password for the scanner and set it into the scanner too configuring smb service correctly, no matter what I do (I even tried a super insecure Permit everyone on the samba share) it only works if I set the share allow guest, not really the best option "security wise".

Googling around I found the problem resides in the fact that this stupid ricoh printer piece of shit works with the almighty smb1 protocol -.-, of course OMV uses smb3, so they don't act good togheter, so before going in other fix directions (like use the ftp instead of smb on the printer to share copies).

I was wondering is there a way to make a omv samba share retro compatible with smb1\2 protocol as well or is it impossible? To be honest I thought that was by design to work in retro compatibility, but apparently is not 8| or at least I don't understand why this piece of junk is not working correctly.

I'll try my best not to answer your question directly :)

Code
    grep -r 'OMV_MONIT_' /usr/share/openmediavault/* | grep -i load

Once you found the variable you might be interested in set it in /etc/default/openmediavault and 'restart'.

Of course I'm dumb sorry...thanks @tkaiser

never seen something like that...maybe the usb you are making the bootable os with is corrupted?!

Have you tried to install debian jessie oldstable minimal (with just utilities) and then add the omv3 repo on it manually as per the wiki?

I would try that and see if it works with a new usb stick (especially the part with the dhcp problem), if it is maybe was really the crapped out usb so you could also try with the vanilla omv3, just to rule out it's not a problem of iso.

Also is there a way to increase the monit treshold for limit resource?

It's spamming my email and syslog with loadavg(5min) of 2.1 matches resource limit..is not even going over 39% on cpu utilization and there is plenty of ram is not really helpful to have all this mails telling me ok your server is barely doing something :°D

But maybe is not possible to change?!

I guess this became a thread to report omv4 bugs?!

Anyway I found a little "bug" thanks to syslog complaining about openmediavault-mkrrdgraph be run in "insecure mode"
    it's just a file permissions issue:

straight forward to solve

Bash
    root@omv4:/etc/cron.d# chmod 622 openmediavault-mkrrdgraph

thought to share with you.

Ok, I think I'm getting closer to understand the usb backup error, I think is not an error of usb not mounted\ejected by the plugin, I tried to mount it manually and unplug it without unmount and I've got the real error

Code
    [ 1531.361428] FAT-fs (sdd1): unable to read boot sector to mark fs as dirty

as expected.
    So I guess this one instead:

Code
    [ 1531.185592] usb usb3-port3: cannot disable (err = -32)

is related to the server usb hub not properly manage the power to usbs, I guess I can ignore it, I will try to dig it a little bit more, but I can't find any info with google, just a bunch of issues related with usb ports, but that was already clear :D

NOW everything is clear! set! thank you a thousand @ryecoaaron really appreciate, especially the suggestion to not worry about :°D it is the best suggestion ever :D

I need just to understand why the disk with usb backup is unmounted properly at least on the webgui is says so, but the hard disk stays with a fixed light and as soon as I detached it I got that annoying usb warning and I'm ready to deploy.

You has been very informative thanks