Beiträge von porkenstein

I have installed omv several times but I am stumped. I use a flash drive for my install media but install to a hd. Every time I try and do the install after the first couple of steps the progam can't find my dvd. I don't have a dvd as I'm using the flash. Any ideas. Working on this for hours and now I am bald from pulling my hair out. Thanks in avance.

I am a newbie and have installed the latest version of OMV and now setting up raid 1 which seems to be going just fine but I have something strange, at least to me. It's building the mirror but also showing 3 other mirrors listed as false. Can someone explain. Thanks in advance. Thanks.

Whs works great for me. I use Macrium instead of built in backup due to the point you made. I know any form of Windows gets bad mouthed a lot but it's sure a heck of a lot easier to use and WHS has always worked perfectly for me. I will spend a little more time with OMV but I think I will end up back with WHS. Will post either when I have success I want of give.

Still not finding what I really want. My server doesn't run all the time like most. I just used it when I want to watch movies and when I want to backup my pc's. My important data is saved constantly to the cloud and then once a week I want to be able to back up the complete server. I have to admit getting close to going back to Windows Home Server but there must be an easy way. All drives are mounted in the server. I just want a simple way to back up my 2tb mirrored raid to the third drive in the server. Different things I look at make me me select each folder instead of the whole drive. Is there something I am missing. Must be a simple way. I thought urbackup would be perfect but from what I can tell that's just for backing up pcs, not the server itself or am I as usual confused as hell.

I know that's a possibility but my server is hooked up to a substantial ups so though anything could happen I am not concerned. My critical data is backed up also on an external drive but that is a small amount. Will look at rsnapshot.

I have a home server with 2 2tb hard drives that are mirrored. Everyone says that's not really a replacement for backing up so looking for an easy solution to backup my 2 tb drives. I have another 2 tb drive in the server just for backup. I am not as knowledgeable as probably most on the forum so looking for a way that I can just backup the raid setup to the 2tb backup drive that I can figure out. I don't need software to back up my other computers to the server, just a way to backup the raid setup to the other 2tb backup drive

I am not as technical as most on this site and have read until my eyes are sore. In simple terms I just want to be able to backup my server to keep everything safe. There is a combination of movies, music and lots of documents and photos, about 2 tb. I have read so much I get more confused. Is there just a simple way I can keep my main drive backed up if I do experience a failure. It was simple with Windows home server doing software raid but from what I read don't even want or need raid so please advise in simple terms. Thanks in advance.

Openmediavault working perfectly until last Windows 10 update that just came out. Unable to see any of my share but I can still logo through a browser. I know this is a windows 10 problem but had no luck so far on windows forums. Any advice and is anyone else seeing the same problem. Seeing it on all my Windows machines.

Thought everything was fine. My server doesn't run all the time as it's only for home use. After reseating the drive it took several hours to repair itself. I just turned it on a little while ago to back up a different computer and got the following message. Looks different. Everything looks fine in the gui. Can someone help. Thanks

This is an automatically generated mail message from mdadm running on N36L-OMV

A SparesMissing event had been detected on md device /dev/md0.

Faithfully yours, etc.

P.S. The /proc/mdstat file currently contains the following:

Personalities : [raid1]

md0 : active (auto-read-only) raid1 sda[2] sdb[1]

1953383488 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]

bitmap: 0/15 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunk

unused devices: <none>

I just received this error after backing up one of my computers. This is on a server with two new drives in raid 1 configuration. Is this a big concern? Thanks in advance.

A DegradedArray event had been detected on md device /dev/md0.

Faithfully yours, etc.

P.S. The /proc/mdstat file currently contains the following:

Personalities : [raid1]

md0 : active (auto-read-only) raid1 sda[1]

1953383488 blocks super 1.2 [2/1] [_U]

bitmap: 9/15 pages [36KB], 65536KB chunk

unused devices: <none>

Got these two messages and just curious of there meaning. Thanks ?(

Resource limit succeeded Service omvserver.local

Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:03:08

Action:alert

Host:omvserver.local

Description: 'omvserver.local' loadavg(5min) check succeeded [current loadavg(5min)=3.8]

Resource limit matched Service omvserver.local

Date:Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:01:37

Action:alert

Host:omvserver.local

Description: loadavg(5min) of 4.5 matches resource limit [loadavg(5min)>4.0]