Beiträge von 74m

Thank you for the nice script! For me it is working like a charm.

Sorry for a little offtopic, but after hours of googling I did not find any good answer for my problem. I guess you guys can help me:

I would like to implement this or a similar solution for other debian based systems (root server and a few raspberrys). As far as i know there a at least two possibilities:

1) I know there is a related script (link) and I'm using this too, e.g. for specified notifications. Maybe i could setup such a service in all systems and pipe the normal emails to this script. But I cant find a good solution to replace all my default system notifications like in your script for omv. Do you have an idea how to use your script or the linked onw to replace all emails with telegram?

2) Alternatively, maybe I could install a telegram bot which catches all emails from different systems and forwarding it to a specified telegram id. With this version I could use the normal email MTA on every system and have just to setup one centralized bot. There are ready to use such telegram bots, but I dont want to use stranger services for this.

Even if the second version saves a lot of time and i could use this for literally all email notifications I like the instant messaging from your omv script. So I tend to use the first version.

Thank you in advance and greetings
    74m

Okay, thanks for you feedback ryecoaaron.
    In the meantime I've chosen the second possibility by using the sloppy backports. You can find the different versions of ZoL in debian here.

But it is good to know that it is also possible to upgrade so easy the very latest version like you did. I hope that im not running in trouble with the ZFS Plugin for omv...

Thank you so far! :)

Hey guys,
    the ZFS plugin seems to uses the ZoL version 0.6.5.9-2 ("modinfo zfs"). Because of this bug it is not possible to do a scrub on my pool, because the pool was originally created under a freebsd system (freenas). So as you can see the bug is fixed in 0.6.5.11, but our version is far away from this. Even the Debian stretch version is just using the 0.6.5.9-5 version. You can find the versions used in Debian here.

However, the latest version is 0.7.1... but I would be totally satisfied with 0.6.5.11. ;)

I think an upgrade from the lasted sources is not a good idea if I still want to use the further ZFS Plugin- or at least the apt-get - updates?! Sadly I dont even know how to do that. Maybe its possible to use a backport from Debian Buster (0.6.5.11-1)?

The last possibility would be to destroy and rebuild the entire pool with ZoL. But even if I do that, I'd love to have a more up-to-date version...

I hope you guys can help me!

Greetings
    74m