Beiträge von ratberry

This is how I faced, and solved the issue:

1. My raspberry pi would boot up.
    2. On the screen it would ask for a user name and password.
    3. I would type in username = admin password = openmediavault, which is the default for the installation.
    4. When I would hit enter, some output would come on the screen but I would be stuck with the login prompt again.
    5. On noticing closely, I found the same 'No directory.... HOME' issue.
    6. I tried a few different login and passwords, including root, this did not work.
    7. On closer inspection I noticed that above the password prompt, the output said:
    Connect to this IP address (not exact text)
    eth04: 169.XX.XX.XX

Solution:
    A. What you will realise is, the IP address should be 192.168.XXX.XXX
    B. I checked the ethernet cable, and sure enough it was disconnected from the raspberry pi.
    C. Once the ether cable was connected, again I noticed, that the IP address was the same. 169.XXX.XXX
    D. I looked around and saw that my switch, was not connected to the router (Ooops!)
    E. Once we connected the switch to the router, the IP address changed to a 192.168.XXX.XXX
    F. To check if the IPaddress has changed you need to type in admin+openmediavault into the password prompt and wait for new output.

I hope this helps the next person who is stuck. I have put the same answer here as well:
    New pi user, having issue booting omv