Beiträge von y_boonstra

I was bussy in the procces of replacing my hardware.

Finally got my new system running OMV3 and started to move my datadisks (5x3tb raid5) to the new system.
    when booting for the first time and the system was up and running my array did not show up in OMV.

i figurd well i had this issue before so i did.
    /cat /proc/mdstat

nothing showed up

then i checked my disks and saw that from my 2 older WD drives the superblock was messed up (i susspect because of uefi?)

i got my old hardware back and reconnected everything back again.

did mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 /dev/sd[abdef] --verbose --force

the problem was .. i did not know if my disks were arranged the wright way. so i figured well ill swap them unitil i got t running again..

no luck

then i saw that my fs wasnt working correctly (ext4).

did mkfs.ext4 -S /dev/md0

and on some point do know why or how or....

but mkfs.ext4 -j /dev/md0 got executed..

help.. how can i get my data back?

damn..

next issue.. :-S

trying to install OMV now using GUIDE ..
    and apt-get is replying

Edit:

using this worked and omv 3 is running

Bash
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public erasmus main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list

apt-get --allow-unauthenticated install openmediavault-keyring
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem

I'll write down the steps i took just in case some one else is having the same issue's

Step 1:
    I downloaded Debian jessie (kernel 3.16) from:
    https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/

step 2:
    Made abootable USB sick.

In the installer boot menu

> Advanced options
    > Graphical Expert install

No additional installer components added.

NVME drive was normally detected by the system.
    At partition disks i chose
    Guided - use entire disk
    NVME drive shows up as /dev/nvme0n1

When installing the kernel it showed 2 options i chose linux-image-3.16.0.4-amd64 to stick to the 3.16 kernel.

At configure the package manager i checked the box for backported software.
    On software selection the only box i cheked is the standard system utilities.

skipped the install grub boot load on a hard disk and go to execute a shell

executed the following commands:

Bash
    cd /target
    mount -t proc proc proc/
    mount --rbind /sys sys/
    mount --rbind /dev dev/
    mount --rbind /run run/
    chroot . /bin/bash

Grabed the backported bootloader:

Bash
    apt-get update
    apt-get -t jessie-backports install grub-efi
    update-grub
    grub-install

but at the install grub-efi i run into issues cause i do net get the prompt setup but it shown me that falled back to noninteractive..

at the last command i get the error :

This is where i get stuck..

Edit:
    I installed teh package grub-pc-bin

and now its saying:
    grub-install: error: install device isnt specified..

i havent tried it yet as im on my work now, but i was thinking about it and asked the question upfront.

I'm not a experienced Linux user so doing manual commands and diagnosing them takes me a lot longer.

Edit:
    I just quickly read the guide . and reading it make me conclude that initially it would end up at the same thing and thats grub installation failing.
    Wright now i cannot paste the error but will do when im at home..

I don't understand how thats going to solve my issue?

I am manually installing debian using jessie netinst 3.16...
    all is going well, so it detects my nvme drive the problem lies with trying to het grub installed.

im skipping the grub install step in the expert graphical install mode of linux and call up the prompt to try to get grub installed.

installing Deabian stretch solves the grub problem but then i cannot install OMV anymore.

Hi all,

Im trying to get my NAS migrated to my new system but after trying for 2 days to get it up and running im out of ideas.

I want to run the OS from my NVME drive, all 8 sata connectors are occupied and i do not want to run the system from a USB stick!
    As many other before me grub fails to install using OMV install.

i tried installing debian jessie (kernel 3.16 i can not find a source with 3.19) and add backports to it to manualy during installing backporting grub 2 to it. no luck :(

need some help on getting OMV running on my NVME drive..

I have got a problem with my OMV configuration.

A couple of months ago i changed my terminal language manualy. After that i got errors when i want to turn on the transmission plugin.
    Im getting this error:

does somebody know how to fix this ?

[tt]

[/tt]

Apt clean did not help either..

details of the error:

Thx david,

that worked for that error, unfortunatly i got a new error after is switch my terminal laguage to english now im getting:

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; omv-mkconf transmissionbt 2>&1': /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/transmissionbt: 55: local: 20: bad variable name

Error #4000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; omv-mkconf transmissionbt 2>&1': /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/transmissionbt: 55: local: 20: bad variable name' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/transmissionbt.inc:68Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(180): OMVModuleTransmissionBt->applyConfig()#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#9 {main}

W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: http://e-tobi.net wheezy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D62E4F5B041390BC

W: Failed to fetch http://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental/dists/wheezy/Release

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    im getting this..
    i dont know where this repo is comming from..

Im trying to install sickbeard and getting i think the same error:

Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf sickbeard 2>&1': Cloning into '/opt/sickbeard'... error: server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none while accessing https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git/info/refs fatal: HTTP request failed

now this error keeps returning every time..

Im in the last stage of increasing the raid size by swapping my 4 * 2Tb disks for 4 * 3Tb disks.

what i have done:
    - turing off the server.
    - swapping out 1 disk
    - rebuilding the array

Reapeated the steps above for every disk. Then i tried to increase the filesystem size using the OMV menu ->File sysems->/dev/md0 and the clicking on resize. A windows pops up warning me if i realy want to increase it.. after clicking on Yes nothing happens the file system does not increase.

Can it that this way of increasing the filesystem size is not supported?

To finnish the job i used the following commands in a command prompt:

Code
    mdadm --grow /dev/md0 --size=max
    resize2fs /dev/md0

Im using OMV V1.8 and ext4 files system

i checked wich python packages where installed and i found this:

Can this cause problems having multiple python versions installed??