Beiträge von neocorps

Hello everyone, it's been at least 3 years since my last omv install and I'm running on a lot of problems with my Raspberry pi 3b+.

Specifically on the network configurations. When I first load omv everything is ok. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for my router to assign the IP but I just unplug the ethernet, use raspy-config and change the wait until network is up to start the os, to NO. That helped.

My main problem is that on first boot, it correctly selects eth0 as the main device, it all works ok, I connect to the dashboard via the IP assigned by the router, but when I try to make changes and apply them I get this error:

Error

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': MediaServer: ---------- ID: remove_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 15:19:51.284370 Duration: 8.889 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_empty_systemd_networkd_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 15:19:51.293894 Duration: 6.028 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: remove_netplan_config_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: ['/etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml', '/etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml'] Started: 15:19:51.300511 Duration: 8.028 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: - /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml - /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml ---------- ID: configure_etc_network_interfaces Function: file.managed Name: /etc/network/interfaces Result: True Comment: File /etc/network/interfaces is in the correct state Started: 15:19:51.316666 Duration: 154.753 ms Changes: ---------- ID: symlink_systemd_resolvconf Function: file.symlink Name: /etc/resolv.conf Result: True Comment: Symlink /etc/resolv.conf is present and owned by root:root Started: 15:19:51.472053 Duration: 8324.699 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_netplan_default Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/10-openmediavault-default.yaml updated Started: 15:19:59.797542 Duration: 54.112 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: configure_netplan_ethernet_eth0 Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml updated Started: 15:19:59.852305 Duration: 165.314 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: configure_netplan_ethernet_enxb827eb2c05e5 Function: file.managed Name: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-enxb827eb2c05e5.yaml Result: True Comment: File /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-enxb827eb2c05e5.yaml updated Started: 15:20:00.018336 Duration: 143.181 ms Changes: ---------- diff: New file mode: 0644 ---------- ID: apply_netplan_config Function: cmd.run Name: netplan apply Result: False Comment: Command "netplan apply" run Started: 15:20:00.162153 Duration: 510.489 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 22154 retcode: 78 stderr: /etc/netplan/20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml:5:20: Error in network definition: Invalid MAC address '', must be XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX macaddress: ^ stdout: Summary for MediaServer ------------ Succeeded: 8 (changed=7) Failed: 1 ------------ Total states run: 9 Total run time: 9.375 s

Turns out that after first load, the eth0 becomes etc something and it starts giving me the error. I can't make any changes on the configuration and at times I can't even connect to the internet. I have turned off the name thing on ethernet ports and it's the same.

The weird thing is that it's a new install and I have reinstalled many times and checked all over google for different ways to solve it, I even added the MAC address that is supposed to be bad on that 20-openmediavault-eth0.yaml and nothing.

Why advice would be appreciated.

I'm running the latest raspbian.

Hello all,

This has happened to me twice now. I have a 16gb microSD and I uploaded the image for OMV, Managed to make it work with two HDD's and configured everything correctly. First time, it worked for three hours and when I updated it kind of froze and had to do a hard restart. After that the image wouldn't boot, it just said that it was in safe start mode and that some blocks were corrupt in the microSD.

I reinstalled the image on the microSD and it worked again, I re-configured everything again and it worked great for three weeks without rebooting. A few hours ago I was having trouble connecting via SSH so I went to the Pi's IP address and used the web UI to restart. It shows the same problem as last time.

What do you guys think it's wrong, it fails to load the kernel.

I'm not an expert but some suggest to use raspbian and then install OMV. I'm using it as a Media Center and NAS.