Beiträge von odinb

Well, does not look good!

Seems to be running ok, but services dashboard is still showing red!
    Also, collectd seems to be dead!

Hmmm, it says it is running now, but services dashboard is still showing red!

I also see this in the daemon log, seems "collectd" is not running:

Hi!

After a recent update, it now seems my UPS daemon is no longer running! Hints on where to start looking?

root@openmediavault:/# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    ii openmediavault 3.0.67 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-netatalk 3.2.8 all OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii openmediavault-nut 3.2.9 all OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.24 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-virtualbox 3.0.7 all VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    root@openmediavault:/#

Still getting this error, and have not figured it out yet. Google seems to be of no help also!

Get this message every time i log in to the GUI:

Hi!

Updated (minor upgrade) to Erasmus 3.0.62 and the Linux kernel 4.9.0-0.bpo.1-amd63.

After reboot, I get the following error:
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; monit summary 2>&1' with exit code '1': Monit: the monit HTTP interface is not enabled, please add the 'set httpd' statement and use the 'allow' option to allow monit to connect' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/monit.inc(142): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/monit.inc(161): OMV\System\Monit->status()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/nut.inc(105): OMV\System\Monit->isRunning()
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleNetworkUPSTools->getStatus()
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #8 {main}

Any idea on what to do?
    Seems I need to edit "/usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc" on row 175, but with what?

This is what the file looks like now:

To fix this, I uninstalled everything virtual box related, starting with persistent stuff (remember, purge will remove config also, so please backup any existing virtual machines prior to starting:(

Code
    # cd /var/lib/dpkg/info/
    # sudo rm virtualbox*
    # sudo apt-get update
    # sudo apt-get autoremove
    # sudo apt-get remove --purge virtualbox virtualbox-4.* virtualbox-5.*

Then I went on to cleanup DKMS stuff (substitute correct version for you):

Code
    # dkms status
    # sudo dkms remove vboxhost/5.0.30 --all

if you still have leftovers not shown with “dkms status”, you can remove them manually from /var/lib/dkms/ and /usr/src/<modulename>-<moduleversion>/dkms.conf).

To end the virtual box cleanup procedure (dangerous, only perform if you know that you do not need these files):

Code
    # sudo find / -iname "vbox*"

Then delete all files you find (dangerous, only perform if you know that you do not need these files) except for /dev/vboxdrv, or you will get:
    WARNING: The character device /dev/vboxdrv does not exist.Please install the virtualbox-dkms package and the appropriateheaders, most likely linux-headers-amd64.

Here I uninstalled all old kernels:

Then, after reboot, install the plugin again:

Code
    # sudo apt-get install openmediavault-virtualbox

This worked for me, but please remember, back everything up that you delete manually above, as you might end up with a broken system if you happen to delete the wrong things!

Good luck!

Hmm, looks like the file is back to default!

But as you can see from the screenshot below, the GUI seems to think it is configured.

What now? Hit "reset", but nothing seemed to change in the window...

root@openmediavault:/# cat /etc/netatalk/afp.conf
    ;
    ; Netatalk 3.x configuration file
    ;
    ; Edited to serve as example for Debian/Ubuntu by
    ; Martin Loschwitz <madkiss@debian.org>
    ;

[Global]
    ; Global server settings
    vol preset = default_for_all
    log file = /var/log/netatalk.log
    uam list = uams_dhx2.so,uams_clrtxt.so
    save password = no

[default_for_all]
    file perm = 0664
    directory perm = 0774
    cnid scheme = dbd
    ; Uncomment the following line to restrict access to specific users
    ; valid users = someuser

[Homes]
    basedir regex = /home

; The following is an example for a TimeMachine compatible volume,
    ; limited to a size of round about 1.5 Terabyte.
    ; [TimeMachine]
    ; path = /mnt/backup/someuser
    ; time machine = yes
    ; vol size limit = 1500000
    root@openmediavault:/#

It was major update, i.e. 2 to 3!

Yep, have checked the service at the same time as the settings! It is running!

Have tried PRAM reset on my Macs, but no change. It connects to the SMB side just fine!

The message basically tells me it cannot find the share, but it is in the same location as before, with no changes to privileges or anything!

It does show up in finder as both openmediavault-SMB and openmediavault-AFP, so it is seeing the server.

Finally fixed it after much trial and error!

What i did was:
    # apt-get remove --purge virtualbox openmediavault-virtualbox virtualbox-extpack-installer phpvirtualbox virtualbox-dkms
    # rm -f /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox /etc/default/virtualbox
    # userdel vbox

Now I cleaned out all old kernels, and kept the running one only!
    Use terminal and check your current kernel:
    # uname -r
    DO NOT REMOVE THIS KERNEL!

Next, type the command below to view/list all installed kernels on your system.
    # dpkg --list | grep linux-image

Find all the kernels that lower than your current kernel (leaving current kernel). When you know which kernel to remove, continue below to remove it. Run the commands below to remove the kernel you selected.
    # sudo apt-get purge linux-image-x.x.x.x

Finally, run the commands below to update grub2
    # sudo update-grub2

Then:
    # dkms status
    # dkms remove(until status shows nothing, if leftovers not shown with “dkms status”, you can remove manually from /var/lib/dkms/ and /usr/src/<modulename>-<moduleversion>/dkms.conf)

Then:
    # apt-get remove --purge dkms

Then after this I ran:
    # find / -iname "vbox*"

and deleted everything I found. (Yes, risky, I know! But what other options did i have? Re-install would have taken lots longer.)

Rebooted.

Then I re-installed with:
    # apt-get install openmediavault-virtualbox

and defined path in the GUI for vbox and started the service.

Rebooted again just to be sure!

Looks like it worked!

So I go back to the terminal, and run "journalctl -xn", and try to restart the services, but are still hit with the "status=203" error.

What now, any ideas?

Ok, ran the install command from terminal, looks ok.

Then I go to GUI and go to "Services" > "Virtualbox" > "Settings", under "General settings" I choose an existing directory (/media/a9250666-e9ff-483a-a0a9-be8589bce4cb/data/library/virtualbox), and hit "Enable", and then "Save". It then tells me I need to "Apply" for it to take effect, and when I do, it hits me with "Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start virtualbox-web 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for virtualbox-web.service failed. See 'journalctl -xn' for details." and: