Beiträge von digitalatailor

I actually have a similar issue. I can't connect with a mac or a PC. I followed the setup in the wiki to the letter. It's like the OMV server name, and service type (SMB/CIFS) is broadcasting, but not the actual share.

Connecting from a mac: The hostname of the OMV server shows in the Finder, but the connection has failed. When I click on "Connect as" I get this error.

If I try to connect via SMB or CIFS manually using the IP address I get this.

Connecting this way using hostname gets me the same result.

Connecting from a PC: I get nothing. It doesn't show up anywhere in network discovery. If I try to connect to it by hostname or IP address, it just times out.

I can ping the OMV server from all nodes on my LAN. I just cant connect via SMB/CIFS or FTP. I haven't tried enabling NFS as that won't do my Windows clients much good. I want to get SMB to work. I don't have anything set up on the firewall page in the webgui. Is there one on by default? Is that page for just configuring pinholes? If so, can I just turn the firewall completely off? I haven't changed any permissions manually through bash. I thought the whole point of OMV was that you could do everything you need to do through the webgui. SMB/CIFS and FTP are both enabled and green according to the webgui. My user is created and configured to have read/write access to the shared folder I created. I haven't tried connecting from a Linux box. I'll try that tonight.

So far OMV has not worked for me at all. I had more success with setting up a samba share through Mint. I just like the idea of this being so lean. OMV has only the features I want (samba and rsync) without all of the other unnecessary crap software that coms bundled with a distro. Now if only I could get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Another note. I am using the same username and password combination on every node including the OMV server.