Beiträge von brand

@ryecoaaron

Planning on upgrading soon, would you recommend the following.

Steps 2 or 3 necessary or recommended?

Upgrade:

1. Backup server using clonezilla (in case need to roll back).
    2. Shutdown Docker images?
    3. Disconnect data drives?
    4. Follows your steps here.

Current Plugins:

• omvextrasorg
    • docker-gui
    • snapraid

Thanks!

I am the dev. I guess I could add that but I don't see it in the snapraid manual? What other options are you looking at?

Hi, is it "safe" to manually update/install SnapRAID (to 11.2). I'm assuming it will be fine as long as there are no breaking changes in snap itself.
    I browsed the plugin code on github but didn't find the parts that actually install snap, so I'm unsure of the logic when this plugin has an update. Thanks!

p.s. I actually created a thread SnapRAID - Plugin Version is old?

The version of SnapRAID installed with the openmediavault-snapraid plugin appears to be old/out of sync with the current stable version on the SnapRAID website (v11.1 vs v11.2).

Do we have to just wait for a new release of the openmediavault-snapraid plugin?
    Or is it "safe" for me to just install SnapRAID myself to get the latest version? (I'm assuming the plugin would work as long as there aren't breaking changes in the SnapRAID code).

On a separate note, I'm running a new install of OMV v3, is there a roadmap for v4...debating if should hold off for v4.
    Thanks!