Posts by eenca

It does contain multiple "special character", my question is how do I fix that?

I cannot have data only accessible trough a GUI with some magical black box that parse my password and my data volume is too big for me to just format the disks.

Thanks

Thanks for your answer.

I can unlock on the GUI and I have the password saved in my password manager.

I forgot to add the output: when I try to unlock with both command I have:

> No key available with this passphrase.

What does it have to do with my sudoer file?

Hello,

I've got a stressful problem with my encryption trough this plugin.

I created a full-disk encryption for my drives and everything is running fine. But I was bored to enter the password trough the gui and wanted to do it trough ssh. I realised none of those command worked:

> cryptsetup open /dev/sdd sdd-crypt
    > sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdd sdd-crypt

Maybe a key problem, adding a new key trough GUI create this issues similar to ml1950. My pass is made of 45 random char using all sorts special ones.

Code
    Unable to add the key to the encrypted device: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; /bin/bash -c 'echo -n '>[' | cryptsetup luksAddKey -q '/dev/sdd' <(echo -n 'haha')' 2>&1' with exit code '2':
    Error #0: exception 'OMV\Exception' with message 'Unable to add the key to the encrypted device: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; /bin/bash -c 'echo -n '>[' | cryptsetup luksAddKey -q '/dev/sdd' <(echo -n 'haha')' 2>&1' with exit code '2': ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/luks.inc:530 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceLuksMgmt->addContainerKey(Array, Array) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('addContainerKey', Array, Array) #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('LuksMgmt', 'addContainerKey', Array, Array, 1) #4 {main}

So my question is:

What is my password? apparently it was never registered as I saved it (or maybe I got the wrong command), how can I unlock those drives through cli and add now key cli or gui ?

Thanks in advance