Beiträge von scopeeye

Here comes the output :)

Code
    ii openmediavault-openvpnas 1.0.5 all OpenVPN Acess Server plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openvpn-as 2.0.10-Debian7 amd64 openvpn-as

I have to admit, that this is the output of my working openvpn-as after I did the workaround I postet above.

Hi everybody,

I tried to install the openvpn-as plugin several times now. Everytime I try to activate the openvpn-as Server via the webGUI I get the exact same Error as in the following post.

[SOLVED] OpenVPN Install Failure

I logged in via SSH to verify that there is no openvpnas script in /etc/init.d/. This seems to be an Error in the plugin installer.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:
    I solved the Problem by removing the plugin via apt-get remove openvpn-as.
    Then I installed only openvpn-as via apt-get install openvpn-as.
    That finished I installed the OMV-plugin via the webGUI.

Now everything seems to run.

Could you please help me, since the normal OpenVPN plugin works, but does not meet the ease of use my clients would like :)

Hi Team,

I would like to have a plugin for MPD (Music Player Daemon).
    Shairport seems to be a great plugin for parties, where everybody can play some own music to the sound-server.
    But MPD, which plays music from the filesystem of a headless server, could cooperate with Shairport very well.

Both could use Alsa. The MPD-plugin could be preconfigured to do so, by manipulating the asound file, to use dmixer for the soundoutput, so shairplay may stay active.

I used this guide to manage multiple Input to the Alsa sink.
    http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Alsa

I don't think, that there should be support for pulseaudio, since it is oversized for the simple purpose of playing music from the filesystem. Though it brings various options for combined and single output to a wide range of outputsystems via WiFi, but that is something for the powerusers.

MPD only needs some configuration for folders to store playlists etc. and one folder for the music files.

I think it could be very simple for someone, who is familiar to plugin coding in OMV. Best would be, if the team of the shairport plugin would do the job, because they know their system.

Hello OMV-Team,

there was an Option to configure the timelimit for automatic logout in a former Version of OMV. I have various problem with some plugins and need to do a lot of web searches, while beeing logged in. So because of the automatic logout I have to relogin every 5 minuts or so.

This is freaking annoying and ineffective and I would like to have an option to configure this.

The option could be added to the "General Settings" menu somewhere.
    Probably you could change the name of the Tab "Web Administrator Password" to "Web GUI Settings" ore something like that and add some more Options.
    A value of 0 could deactivate automatic logout.

Greetz scope

New Info on the problem with the dropdown?
    "Good" to see someone has that problem, too :(

Why would the problem be produced by the IP settings? I don't get the point.
    My Network is in 192.168.0.xxx/24 and, as I stated before, it used to work with my old OMV installation.
    With my clean fedaykin installation ist does not show the complete dropdown only "All Network traffic". I already tried your instructions tekkbebe.

The VPN works, but all traffic is sent through the VPN even surfing traffic, what is not what I want, since my upstream at home is crap.

So I rebooted the machine. But it didn't help. Is there a possibility to get detailed debug output when the plugins page gets generated? So I can post some output of that process? Eventually there are missing permissions or something. Theres is nothing else I could check. Or can you supply me with an older release of the plugin, that is meade for fedaykin x64? There has to be a reason, why I do not have the 3 options.

Are there any conditions, that get checked, when the dropdown is generated? Is there a config I can manualy hack the needed values in to give it a try? I don't think, there would be any other way for me, to get that thing back working.

And yeah briding would be great. :) With a bridging VPN we could stream our miniDLNA contents :) I built a bridging VPN in University (Yes I am able to build a VPN without the plugin, but I want to use the plugin since it used to work great for me and it is really cool).

OMFG I just downloaded the current version of the openvpn-client from openvpn.net. They can't be serious about that. It's a total and complete joke :D I can't even import the settings files I just exported via the web gui in omv.

OK Gave it another try with the community-client from http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html And now it works. Thanks for the hint on the outdated client. :D I am really happy to access my files from the outside now (it works as long as I do not select "Require authentication"). The only thing I need now are the 3 options, so not my complete traffic is passed through the vpn or is that only an option in the client config?

Well anyway: BIG THANKS! And sorry for getting slightly mad :D My life is a little bit better now.

I used "STABLE" all the time before and thought it might help to peak to donald.
    I didn't do anything to mess up my install. I only used the omv-plugins install dialog in the web frontend. But since that did not seem to help, nor the help here in the forum seemed to help, I switched to getting to the ground of the problem by using ssh. If you guys here can't help me there seems no other way for me, than hacking the sh** and try to figure it out by myself. I will not install a vm since that is another waste of my time, since I wasted enough time to try get rid of that bug. Sorry but I am getting really mad of this f****** bug since it did not occure in my old install where i really used to hack the system to get more functionality.

Get this plugin beack to a working state please. Try it with the 64bit version, if you are refering to the 32bit version all the time (you didn't tell).

Please don't get me wrong! I really like the work you devs invest into the system and all the plugins FOR FREE in your SPARE TIME! But then please release checked stable versions. The thing that drives me mad about it is that it worked in my old install that ran for about a year and now it doesn't even offer the options I had in former and I can't connect. That is kind of Apple style ;)

I purged openvpn via apt-get purge and deleted everything find -iname *openvpn* returned manualy. Then I set omv plugins to include the donald repo and installed openvpn again. But that didnt help anything. Even if "All network traffic" would start to work now (haha) then I would not want to take that option, since my connection at home is not that broad and I just need to have access to my documents and images, probably some music (in general small files). It is not that professional and practicable for me to carry my USB sticks around, synching them to the server everytime I arrive at home (pls. don't mention that usb-plugin you created ;-)).

This now was everything I could do as a user to track that bug down.

So HEY DEVS! Take the challenge!
    Is there a bugtracker for omv-openvpn? I would like to post there so the right people get a persistent noice that there is something wrong with that plugin.

+++

This is the moded output I get from my OpenVPN client on Windows:

Thu Feb 21 11:41:57 2013 OpenVPN 2.2.2 Win32-MSVC++ [SSL] [LZO2] [PKCS11] built on Dec 15 2011
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:09 2013 NOTE: OpenVPN 2.1 requires '--script-security 2' or higher to call user-defined scripts or executables
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:10 2013 LZO compression initialized
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:10 2013 Control Channel MTU parms [ L:1542 D:138 EF:38 EB:0 ET:0 EL:0 ]
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:10 2013 Socket Buffers: R=[8192->8192] S=[8192->8192]
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:11 2013 Data Channel MTU parms [ L:1542 D:1450 EF:42 EB:135 ET:0 EL:0 AF:3/1 ]
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:11 2013 Local Options hash (VER=V4): '41690919'
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:11 2013 Expected Remote Options hash (VER=V4): '530fdded'
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:11 2013 UDPv4 link local: [undef]
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:11 2013 UDPv4 link remote: xxx.xxx.xxx.14:1194
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:12 2013 TLS: Initial packet from xxx.xxx.xxx.14:1194, sid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:12 2013 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:14 2013 VERIFY OK: depth=1, /C=DE/ST=NRW/L=SomeCity/O=Organisation/CN=BLABLA/emailAddress=email@provider.de
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:14 2013 VERIFY OK: nsCertType=SERVER
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:14 2013 VERIFY OK: depth=0, /C=DE/ST=NRW/L=SomeCity/O=Organisation/CN=BLABLA/emailAddress=email@provider.de
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:15 2013 Data Channel Encrypt: Cipher 'BF-CBC' initialized with 128 bit key
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:15 2013 Data Channel Encrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:15 2013 Data Channel Decrypt: Cipher 'BF-CBC' initialized with 128 bit key
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:15 2013 Data Channel Decrypt: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:15 2013 Control Channel: TLSv1, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, 1024 bit RSA
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:15 2013 [192.168.0.10] Peer Connection Initiated with xxx.xxx.xxx.14:1194
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:18 2013 SENT CONTROL [192.168.0.10]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:18 2013 AUTH: Received AUTH_FAILED control message
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:18 2013 TCP/UDP: Closing socket
    Thu Feb 21 11:42:18 2013 SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

OK :(
    There is no difference :(

I am using OMV x64.
    This is really wierd :( Why is that "All network traffic" option in that file and none of the other ones. I really do not get how this plugin is working. Where did the Plugin get the options in former, when it worked?

Hopefully this gets sorted soon. It is really kind of depressing.

So after whining I digged into the filesystem and found the file /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/openvpn.js
    The .inc files do not seem to be affected by the problem, so I localised it in this js.

In this file there seems to be the declaration of the Field presets (I am a coder but don't know the OMV-plugin-system).
    Well so and in this file there is only one entry ^^ as you can see below.
    Please post your openvpn.js so I can paste it and hopefully fix the problem for me.

Please help :)

Yes I tried :(
    Could it be possible, that there is a problem with user rights? I don't know which user openvpn uses in the system or which files are affected. mrml. I will give it another try by tomorrow or the day after, since (guess) I am on the road :(

Thanks for trying to help me.

+++

Well what should I say? I tried it on different browsers and different devices. I emptied the cache, tried it again. I uninstalled the plugin, emptied the cache, removed the certificate directory on the filesystem, reinstalled the plugin configured it (AGAIN), emptied the cache (AGAIN), recreated the certificates (that as never been a problem for me) and guess what! The options are still missing. This now really keeps pissing me off. Please get that prolem sorted, since the openvpn plugin used to work as expected in one of the last versions.

So to explain it again:
    The only option that is available for Route is "All network traffic". With this option I am not able to access my VPN from anywhere in the world! Why? Even if I don't like this option, why isn't the VPN accessible from the outside?
    This whole thing used to work and I want it to work again. This has to be possible.

There has to be some config file where the options are stored and that whole markup that belongs to the plugin. Please point me to that, so I can look if the options are even missing there.

Life suxx without openvpn on my server running correctly. I still do not have the 3 options in the dropdown :( as i had them before the fresh install of omv. Please give some help. This is really frustrating, since i habe set up openvpn again and again and again.

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Scopee, so you are not getting "local network" or "server only" in the dropdown box? I've been testing the OpenVPN a lot lately and the only problem I'm getting is creating a user certificate. The other thing I don't like about this plugin is the VPN is a routed VPN. I cannot view shares or get any broadcasting from my network when connected. I would prefer a bridged VPN option. I think only error ice.man was having was creating user certificates too.

I should add "road warrior mode" is bridged vpn Scopee. I find no evidence that the plugin ever had this mode. I only see evidence of it using routed (all traffic, server only, local network) vpn.

Erm ... "Server only" was what I was looking for. In my opinion that is road warrior. "Local Network" should be briding, i think. But exactly the three options in the dropdown are gone. And now that whole openvpn does not work for me anymore, since it is not available from the outside of my network nor the inside of my network.

Hi!

No i have no problems creating the certs.
    My Problem is, that I can not use OpenVPN in road-warrior mode.
    So I can not only set VPN to connect fro a client (internet) to my server (at home) this is really frustrating me.
    The only option i get served is "Route intire Network" or something. So there is only one option in the dropdown instead of 3!
    In former it worked really good, as stated above, but since i had to reinstall OMV i can't use OpenVPN even a little bit.

I configured everything with that one option, that was given to me by the webfrontend, but there is no connectivity from outside my lan.

I really wish you would fix this ASAP, since i do not want to make one more reinstall of that plugin. It is really pissing me off now, since it doesnt work anymore without any reason. I did nothing different than last time, when it worked.

Big thanx in advance. The plugin used to be great!

Hi there,

it would be great to have openVPN Plugin in OMV back in a working state.
    It did work really good one or two updates before. I was able to use it flawlessly for months and now the broken state is pretty annoying.
    I am not able to integrate openVPN as good into the system as Mr. Beck did.
    It really was a great Plugin! Please bring it back to what it was soon.