Beiträge von caned_monkey

Hi

I use a pc box as a nas with omv installed. I recently upgraded from omv 4 to to omv 5 and now I can no longer wake my nas with wake on lan when it worked perfectly in omv 4.

I appreciate the settings for wake on lan are in the bios but these settings have not been changed. Can anyone think of any reason why an upgrade could stop it from working?

Hello,

I have installed Logitech Media Server along side OMV. I installed it from the command line we apt-get, the installation was successful and the service is running. I can confirm this:

Code
    user@Server:/$ sudo service logitechmediaserver status
    [sudo] password for user: 
    ● logitechmediaserver.service - LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Serve
       Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver; generated; vendor preset: en
       Active: active (exited) since Mon 2020-03-30 10:57:23 BST; 2 weeks 0 days ago
         Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
      Process: 676 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver start (code=exited, sta
        Tasks: 0 (limit: 4915)
       CGroup: /system.slice/logitechmediaserver.service

As I understand it, I should be able to access LMS through my browser using port 9000 but I cannot connect this way. I have checked the open ports on my NAS using nmap and port 9000 is not showing as an open port:

Any ideas on how I can make this port open so I can access LMS please?

Thanks

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been answered but I am unable to find a solution by searching online.

I have been trying to install OMV 4 on Debian 9 by following the instructions here:

https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html

And here:

https://forum.openmediavault.o…OMV4-on-Debian-9-Stretch/

When I install the repo and then apt-get update, I get an error that says amd64 packages not found

Then when I try to install the keyring, I get an error saying unknown package.

Can anyone please tell me what I need to do?

Please note, that if you need me to copy and post any output or contents of files, you will first need to explain to me how I can copy and post from a Debian installation with no GUI.

Thanks

I never managed to mount it but then I did realise that I didn’t have to. I logged into OMV through the command line, installed Ripit to the server and then I was able to rip cd's directly through the command line, saving the files to the shared drive which I could access as normal.

Hello,

I have a switched USB cable which I first got for a Raspberry Pi 2 before upgrading to a Pi3, it worked fine on both. I recently updated my OMV on Pi3 and now I am constantly getting the flashing lightning bolt icon in the corner of the screen.

I've narrowed it down to being the switched USB that is the problem so I want to get another but first wanted to ask if anyone can recommend one that they have got to work with OMV 17 running on Pi3.

Any recommendations please?

Thanks

Hello,

I am running OMV on an old Dell PC which has an optical drive that i would like to be able access from the network for ripping. I can see the drive in Physical Disks but it does not show up File Systems or as a device for me to share. I've read a couple of threads that suggest it is possible to mount an optical drive but no instructions on how to do so.

Can anyone help please?

Here it is:

It wont allow me to disable the filesystem notification, it throws up the same error.

I tried your code but there is no openmediavault-filesystem.conf so I ran the same on openmediavault-system.conf and got this:

Code
    check system $HOST
      if loadavg (1min) > 4 for 3 cycles then alert
      if loadavg (5min) > 2 for 3 cycles then alert
      if memory usage > 90% then alert
      if cpu usage (user) > 95% for 2 cycles then alert
      if cpu usage (system) > 95% for 2 cycles then alert
      if cpu usage (wait) > 95% for 2 cycles then alert

Here it is: