Posts by henkall

Hi. I have a ZFS Filesystem made with the ZFS Plugin. On that filesystem i have made some shares called:

Film
    TV-Serier

When I make a NFS share with them it works fine the first time. I can ls to /export/Film and see the files in there. The folders is also green.

But when I then reboot the server and I do the ls on /export/Film again then the directory is just empty. Now the folders are blue.

How can I fix this?

I think it has something to do with NFS trying do make the NFS exports before the ZFS pool is initialized.

If you want to make a software RAID 1 with the two 8tb drives you first have to wipe them clean. You will loose all data on the disks. Unmount them. And do a wipe on the disk page. When that is done you should be able to see them in the raid section. Make a raid 1. Now you can go and format the raid1 and mount it.

I am using a E350 as a kind of backup server and it is doing fine. It is running OMV 2. Using smb shares and rsync and remote share plugin. I am also having Plex media server on it but that is only there if my main server is crashing. I am having 2 x 8tb archives drives in it to store the backed up data. I am not running it 24/7 but only turning it on when I want to run a rsync backup of my main server.
    I am happy with it.

I am not quite sure what category this was supposed to be in so Sorry if this is the wrong one.

I was just wondering if anyone have tried to run Openmediavault on Hyper-v and using HD pass through on the SCSI Controller?

I have tried but I kept ending at a kernel panic.

Openmediavault worked just fine when using the pass-through disk on the IDE controller.

If I made a Virtual Disk and attach it to the SCSI controller it also works fine.

But that was not ideal if I wanted to use 4 disks. The IDE Controller can only mange two disks. I would rather not want to add a lot of IDE Controllers to the VM.

I did also try to install Windows 10 on the pass-through disk in the same VM and that worked just fine so I thought it was a Linux issue.

All of this was tested on, at the time, the newest release of Openmediavault 3.0.77

I thought maybe I should install the OMV-Extras plugin and when I did that I saw the option to install the Proxomox Kernel. Then I installed the Proxomox Kernel and that did it.

So, I think it has something to do with the Kernel version or something that is missing in the Openmediavault 3.0.77 original kernel.

Hope this helped anyone and this is probably something to look into.

Keep up the good work your are doing. I love using Openmediavault. :thumbsup:

If you are on the latest OMV 3.0.65 and you don't disable backports in /etc/default/openmediavault, it should show up in your updates tab (unless you have a bad repo).

What is the output of:

apt-get update
    apt-cache policy linux-image-amd64

output of apt-cache policy linux-image-amd64

Code
    linux-image-amd64:
      Installed: (none)
      Candidate: 4.9+79~bpo8+1
      Package pin: 4.9+79~bpo8+1
      Version table:
         4.9+79~bpo8+1 500
            100 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports/main amd64 Packages
         3.16+63 500
            500 http://ftp.dk.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages

Update 2:
    Here is the output of uname -r

4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

Update 1:
    Here is the output of apt-get update

Hi gang, I am finally able to see the Plex server, but I had to point my Plex webpage to openmediavault.local:32400 instead of my regular 192.168.1.116:32400 plex webpage.

The IP address of my OMV server is 192.168.1.116, how come it can't see that address for my Plex webpage?

Thanks gang for your help.

Maybe this is a dumb question but have you tried to ping openmediavault.local to se if you get that ip? And did you remember the /web at the end. Some times it also helps to clear the browsers' cache or open an incognito tap.

I have done the upgrade from OMV 2 to OMV 3 now and you where right... DON'T DO IT unless you really now your way around in Linux.

The openmediavault-flashmemory plugin is not quite there yet with upgrading. It leaves the /etc/init.d files after the upgrade so these have to bee removed after the upgrade.
    I am talking about all the f2r* files. The create errors on boot after upgrade.

I also had a lot of problems with reinstalling the VirtualBox plugin again but that was probably my own fault. You have to be sure that VirtualBox is completely removed from the system before you upgrade.
    Not just remove it.

I did solve my problem with the OwnCloud plugin where showing in the dpkg -l list as pc state. Probably not the best way to do it but i was pretty sure that it was completely removed so i just deleted it from the dpkg status file.

My OMV 3 is running fine now after cleaning up after different things

If you installed the new omv 3 from the 3.0.58 iso and installed the virtualbox plugin and you don't want to use the vnc you can run this command:
    VBoxManage extpack uninstall VNC
    After that do a reboot and your virtualbox should be using the rdp instead.

I have a problem with purging owncloud. I will get the output of the purge command when I get home.

Update:

Now I am home and I have run this command:

dpkg -P openmediavault-owncloud

Code
    root@omvdebian:~# dpkg -P openmediavault-owncloud
    (Reading database ... 87747 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing openmediavault-owncloud ...
    Purging configuration files for openmediavault-owncloud ...
    Site configuration file 'openmediavault-owncloud' not found.
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-owncloud (--purge):
    subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-owncloud

What should i do about that... Should i just ignore it or do i have to do something about it if i want to upgrade?