Beiträge von koprivajakub

Hi guys,

I have running OMV 4.x on my bananapi with sata drive on Debian 9 "Stretch" with OMV installed as package through the repository (since I would like to have also access to the GUI of the system when I am home with keyboard and mouse). The solutions works great for my purpose. I would like to access the NAS and the data through the internet when I am not at home. My thoughts was to install OpenVPN plugin, but there is not yet release for OMV 4.x.

Please can someone give me a hint and describe the rules I should put in the iptables?
    I would like to:

• Leave open communication in the local network 10.0.0.0/24
    • Access all the computers and services in the network when I am connected to VPN (I read somewhere the OpenVPN clients will use a IP address pool from 10.8.0.0/24) Since my local network is 10.0.0.0/24 I will change the IP pool for the VPN clients to 10.0.0.128/25 or can I leave 10.0.0.0/24 and the DHCP server will handle that?
    • Access all the services in the local network (DLNA, Plex, SMB, netatalk, etc..., SSH)
    • Access the NAS through SSH only when I am connected to the VPN.
    • Access the internet through the VPN as a proxy. So when I am connected to the OpenVPN my public IP will be the same as public IP of the NAS.

Or there was not much configuration done yet, so should I move to the OMV 3.x version? I just dont know if it is compatibile with the Debian 9 "Stretch"

Thank you for your advice.
    Cheers,
    Jakub