Beiträge von mikeekim

I was looking how to move to OMV 3 without the Calibre plugin. Intent is to have the content server available via browser for the e-readers.

I found COPS, http://blog.slucas.fr/en/oss/calibre-opds-php-server which seems the perfect candidate as OPDS server to do the job and is mentioned as a "simple tool to be installed on a small server".

Unfortunately I am an active IT user only and can't justify the demand to create a COPS plugin for OMV 3.0.
    Please can one of the experts have a look to COPS ? There are not so much Calibre postings here but ebooks becomes more and more popular and an OPDS server probably interesting for more people in the future.

OMV 2.2.13
    ASUS E350
    8 GB RAM
    1x SSD
    2*3TB RAID1

Thank you to all creating and maintaining such nice piece of software.
    Is there some progress on Calibre with omv 3.x. Unfortunately I can't really help but i use the ebook server with omv 2.x very often and would like to use it also under omv 3.x.
    Are there more supporters here ? So far it looks only very few people are interested.
    Regards

i am not sure how relevant but I got the same error message as in the first post during calibre installation to a fresh reinstalled OMV system. (blank HDs)

I created two folders for books and data and got the test books to the calibre db. Only the server I was not able to start and got the error message when I tried to activate the plugin.

I got it solved by manual creation of calibre-server.conf in /etc by terminal. After that I could start calibre and it works well.

Thank you fot this great software and the many plugins.

Mike

I would like to see a calibre server plugin to have access to my ebooks with readers /mobile devices.
    Today I need to start a Windows PC to share the books and to use the functionality offered by browser access.
    The data from calibre are already stored on my OMV machine and I can access the files but without the metadata like in the browser it is not really compfortable.
    Tank you for the good work on OMV. For me it is a very useful software for many tasks.
    Mike