Beiträge von gaussniwre

Seems consistent with the webGUI config...

I got only this:

Code
    root@gauss:/# apachectl configtest
    [Tue Mar 18 20:11:21 2014] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:8082 has no VirtualHosts
    Syntax OK

Seems like a config error... is this in apache.conf?? Where and to what should these virtual hosts be set? I guess it is for the different web services (like the omv webGUI, transmission, etc???)

Regards!

Hi David! Thanks for the help... indeed apache2 is not running:

Code
    root@gauss:/# service apache2 restart
    Restarting web server: apache2[Tue Mar 18 17:06:27 2014] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:8082 has no VirtualHosts
    [Tue Mar 18 17:06:27 2014] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:8082 has no VirtualHosts
    (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:8082
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs
    Action 'start' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
     failed!

... but the /var/log/apache2 folder is empty. As you can see opening the logs fails. Although one can see what error is being generated. Also, this is the output of /var/log/daemon.log and /var/log/syslog:

As you can see the system keeps trying to restart the service without success.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem and instead of checking the forums before I made the mistake of rebooting the server (via SSH) and now the webGUI is unavailable... https or not. I already tried using omv-firstaid to reset the webGUI configurations to no avail. I also checked the processes for an apache process: none is running.

All the rest: ssh, ftp, transmission, etc... are working fine.

Any suggestion?

Kind regards,

gaussniwre

Not saying that I have a success story (I still have issues with NFS) but try connecting to http://ipaddress ... when you get the connect as dialog fill in your credentials. This is when my issue pops in... it says I have no permission to connect which isn't true (I doubled checked my permissions for the shared folder). Help appreciated!

Kind regards,

G

Hi all,

This is my first post and I have to say that OMV is on the very right track. I've migrated from a "hand-made" NAS solution based on OpenSUSE (which had to be mantained via SSH) and I never looked back. I am having some problems with FTP and NFS which I actually think it is related. Anyway, I would like to post the FTP question/situation here.

I have a RAID5 system which is formatted as XFS over LUKS and mounted (it doesn't mount automatically at boot but that is what I want). Inside I have a shared folder called storage. This shared folder is used in the FTP service as a share. As a user, say gaussniwre, I can log in to the FTP server and get to the storage folder but the folder shows up empty. I can emphasize it enough: although I'm not the owner of the files/directories inside storage, I am in the group and the privileges are set for read-only. Also, in the ACL I even added myself to the read/write column and customized a lot of users/groups to have reading access to the share (inclusing ftp,tftp,users,staff,proftp,...). And yes, I checked the recursive option to apply the priviledges/ACL to the entire folder structure. I'm running out of options... any idea appreciated.

Kind regards,

G