Beiträge von Ginger

Hey guys, I just fresh installed and upgraded my server and so now have a few things I need to get moved around and edited in the os filesystem. Obviously it's possible with just bash, but let's be honest, it so much longer to do anything that way.

Is there any way I can create a ftp/smb share of the main drive to make changes 100x easier? I can't seem to create a share from it

BTW: this is how it can look like when dealing with a '16GB pendrive': Installing-Migrating OMV to USB stick

The thing died after writing more than 4GB to it. That's why anyone should test immediately after purchase with either F3 or H2testw since sellers know these tools too and it's easy to get a refund when providing logs/screenshots.

Just ran it through with h2testw and it all checked out. It's a SanDisk and bought from Amazon so I wasn't really concerned.

It looks like I can copy the first partition, although when I try to copy both every tool I try errors out. The second is 12gb, and im assuming the bootloader? If I copy the first partition to the drive can I then install grub into it using another tool?

So as my system is filling up, the h170 board I have now has 6/6 sata ports filled. 5 being for shares, and the 6th for the os. I figured I would move that over to a 64gb usb 3 flash drive, but I haven't been able to move it over. Seems no matter what I do in whatever program or bootable tool, they can't copy both partitions (total size about 50gb) to the flash drive. All the other forum posts seem to suggest the only way of backing up configurations is making an iso, which isn't working for me anyway so...

If at all possible I'd rather not reinstall fresh and reconfigure everything from scratch and risk doing something dumb like deleting a raid array when reconfiguring it. Also I don't know every user's logins to their shares and going about getting everyone to recreate their login is no fun. ACLs, plex, it's just a pain to reset it all to the proper configuration.

Does anyone have any ideas I might of overlooked? And if not, what's the simplest way to fix this? Obviously down the road in going to need a raid card or something to expand more, but I have room now and it would be a shame to waste it.