Beiträge von Afirejar

Changing the user and groups so that they're like in the 3.x install seems to have solved that particular issue. (The group name was also referenced in a config file.)

The upgrade still failed with a different error message, and the service won't start, apparently because a cleanup-script is trying to rm a directory. I don't know if I missed the username in some config file or if these are unrelated issues, but either way I'm shelving this until I have time to do a clean reinstall.

Hello,

I'm seeing the same issue on my system.

On my 2.x installation, there is a user 'openmediavault' with an associated group 'openmediavault'.
    On a fresh 3.x installation that I just threw into a VM, I'm instead seeing a user 'openmediavault-webgui' that is in groups 'openmediavault-webgui', 'openmediavault-config' and 'openmediavault-engined'. None of these exist in my 2.x install.

Apparently, the new packages assume that these users and groups exist as they do in a fresh install, but the release upgrade process either neglects to set them up or that part of the upgrade process failed for some reason.

Currently, I'm thinking that I'll try and see what happens if I just rename my existing user and group to openmediavault-webgui, create the other two groups, and put the user in it, to see what that breaks.