Beiträge von pennypacker

Hmmm, sorry to do this, replying to my own post.

It turns out that in OMV4 I had unionFS plugin installed. I uninstalled the plugin prior to the upgrade, but forgot to remove the shares and file systems.

I deleted these in Services>SMB/CIFS, Storage>File Systems, and also Access Rights Management>Shared Folders (I think), and now I can apply the changes successfully in the GUI.

Leaving the previous post there in monument to my own carelessness.

I still have the following errors peppering the system logs which I need to investigate;

smbd[798]: process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares/ufsmedia failed. No such file or directory

ufsmedia is the name of one of my old unionFS shares.

EDIT: solved by the solution in this thread - process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares failed although I have no idea why.

Thanks for looking!

Hi there. Thanks for the upgrade script. I was avoiding upgrading from v4 for a long time but it's become unavoidable.

I have run the script after a few false starts, and got an apparently successful upgrade - here's the end of the console messages;

Here's the result of the failed service check;

omv_release_upgrade_to_buster.2021-03-02-121521.zip log attached

When I reboot OMV, I get a message in the web gui to apply my configuration changes. I do that then I get this error;

omv_gui_error.txt

Can someone please help? This is beyond my pay grade I'm afraid.

Many thanks