Beiträge von omvuser

Hi everybody,

when adding users to a group in the dialog located at "Access Rights Management/Group" there is the following behavour: When clicking on a username instead of the checkbox, all the other checked users are deselected. So one could easily mess up the old users list by not being careful.
    This is even amplified by only seeing a small section (4-5 rows) of users. When the window ist dragged bigger the list-widget is not adapted to the new size.

Best regards

Not sure why you want do do this but ok. I am not sure how you did it either. If you post some instructions I will try it against 1.0.

Background is that I have two physically separated networks, and I want to share files between them via some OMV shares. The OMV Server has two network cards. Until now i copied the files from a Windows machine in Network 1 to the share, and then back from a client in Network 2.

Now I want to get rid of the first copy-process, by mounting a shared folder on the Windows machine automatically in the OMV Filesystem. I did this by using automount, which works quite well.

mount shows:

Code
    //192.168.0.6/Daten/ on /media/cifs/Daten type cifs (rw,mand)

I integrated the windows shares via symbolic links into the OMV-Shares and can access them from Network 2 easily. The only problem is that the folders inside a linked windows-share are shown as files as described above.

Hi,

I noticed some buggy behaviour in OMV, which occurs when OMV is resharing a mounted cifs-directory from a windows machine. In the client-PC the subdirectories are only shown as files. You have to reload the share in the Filemanager (Windows Explorer, nautils, caja) with F5 to see the directories correctly. But when enterin one of these, the problem occurs again.

I found this to be related to a samba-bug described in

http://serverfault.com/questio…splaying-folders-as-files.
    or http://serverfault.com/questio…ring-a-mounted-cifs-drive

The only solution i found is to edit the source code and recompile samba, which I don't prefer to do on OMV.

What can I do to get rid of that problem?
    Should I upgrade samba to squeeze-backports? Should I wait for OMV 1.0? Is the problem solved in one of these versions?

Best regards.

Hi,

I have two NICs inside my OMV (eth0 and eth1). I added a TAP device (tap0), which i want to bridge with eth1. I can do so with a small script that uses ifconfig [1]. But then OMV gets confused and shows eth1 still configured as STATIC device. Sometimes it also shows a second tap device which doesnt exist, according to ifconfig. br0 is shown by the way, but unable to configure via the GUI Menu.

What is the right way to keep eth1 unconfigured and to set up a permanent bridge which then could also be used for the iptables rules?

[1]

the OMV should:

- be accessible only via SSH, HTTP and CIFS.
    - is part of two networks (2 NICs)
    - be accessible from all adresses on eth0
    - be accessible only from 5-8 specific adress-ranges on eth1

- allow OMV to use any host on the internet (i.e. ftp.de.debian.org). This means it should also allow responses from them.

Hi all,

i want to cut down incoming connections, but i want to accept responses from outside when establishing a connection by the server (for DNS and updating). I found this link [1] to a howto in this forum that proposes following iptables command:

Code
    sudo iptables -A INPUT -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

I added one line to OMV by GUI with extra options: -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED

Is that iptables command what i am looking for, or could it be a security risk?

Best regards

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo

Hello everyone,

I configured my SMB/CIFS service with several shares to get acces from only two subnets. It works.
    But when I activate the option to show the users home, this share is accessible from every incoming IP address.
    How can I restrict acces to the home shares and/or to all SMB/CIFS shares globally?

Thanks.