Posts by Stramm

You may try to disconnect one raid HD and see if it comes up, if not, try the other. If nothing comes up... bad luck. If one disk works, repartition the bad one, add it bavk and try to sync the array. However I guess you just might be lucky if you write to /dev/sda or /dev sdb but if you write to /dev/md0 you're lost.

A laptop power source is less than 45€ and you probably will be able to reduce power draw about 4-5 watts. PicoPSU90 and a cheap 60-70 watts external NT an you're set. I've bought a Seasoned NT that's more than double the price of a noname one and there's no difference in power draw.
    When running your box 24/7 you would save a little bit more than 10€ a year. Hmmm... a good decision when setting up the NAS, as an upgrade the NAS has to run quite some time.

Ich komme mit Deinen Geschwindigkeitsangaben nicht ganz klar. Zuerst sollte dir klar sein, dass bei einer 100 MBit Verbindung ca. 12,5 Megabyte / sec übertragen werden. Evtl. hat das ja schon Deine Frage beantwortet. Auf jeden Fall solltest Du Dein Netzwerk nicht durch den 100 MBit Anschluss limitieren.

Wenn Du einen Gbit Switch hast, dann verbinde den Router mit dem Switch und Letzteren mit PC und Server. Wenn der Switch nur 100mbit spricht, solltest Du ihn evtl. austauschen.

Ist die Geschwindigkeit immer noch zu gering und nicht nur ein Missverständnis, dann musst Du einige Dinge ausprobieren.

Es wäre zunächst sinnvoll, das Netzwerk ohne Switch zu testen. Bei Server und PC nachsehen, wie sie sich mit dem Netzwerk verbunden haben, was sagt das OS. Als nächstes die Netzwerkgeschwindigkeit zwischen Router <> PC und Router <> Server prüfen (grosses File kopieren, USB Stick in den Router). Dann kommst Du schon drauf, wo es klemmt (Verkabelung? Switch? NIC).

Thanks for the clarification... I already was afraid of something like that and stay with the modded and renamed Clonezilla iso. Just as a reference for others who have also problems with their old Clonezilla version here's what I did:

1. OMV-Extras - > Kernel -> Install Clonezilla
    2. Download a for you working Clonezilla iso (I tried the testing clonezilla-live-2.5.5-27-amd64.iso)
    3. Extract some files from the iso
    - /EFI/boot/grub.cfg
    - /syslinux/isolinux.cfg
    - /syslinux/syslinux.cfg

Just one of these files needs to be modified to add additional info to the Clonezilla boot.

grub.cfg, if you have a UEFI based system, isolinux.cfg if booting from a CD and syslinux.cfg if you're booting from a USB drive/ stick. If you do not know what to mod, go with grub.cfg and syslinux.cfg, that should do in most cases.

Within these files find the default menu entry

Code
    MENU LABEL Clonezilla live (Default settings, VGA 800x600)

the next IP= a few lines below replace with eg.

Code
    ip=eth0:192.168.x.x:255.255.255.0:192.168.x.y:8.8.8.8 ocs_daemonon="ssh"

You need to adapt this to fit into your needs ->> :IP:NETMASK:GATEWAY:DNS

Replace the files with the modded ones within the iso and save the iso.

In a cli

Code
    rm /boot/clonezilla-live-2.3.2-22-i686-pae.iso

Copy the modded iso into /boot and raname it to clonezilla-live-2.3.2-22-i686-pae.iso

As last step we take care of permissions

Code
    chown root:root /boot/clonezilla-live-2.3.2-22-i686-pae.iso
    chmod 644 clonezilla-live-2.3.2-22-i686-pae.iso

That's it. Now you can boot into a new Clonezilla version from within OMV admin.
    The IP is the one you've chosen above, user and password are user:live
    Once logged in you need to
    sudo clonezilla
    to bring up the Clonezilla interface.

Missing debian maintenance user is the culprit (I guess). To fix it you need to edit
    /etc/mysql/debian.cnf

It should look like

[client]
    host = localhost
    user = debian-sys-maint
    password = SECRET_PASSWORD
    socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
    [mysql_upgrade]
    host = localhost
    user = debian-sys-maint
    password = SECRET_PASSWORD
    socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

I had as user debian and no password also I had an additonal line
    basedir = /usr
    but that line seems to be OK. The user debian I've changed two times to debian-sys-maint and I added a password (again two times)

then (if your mysql root user is still omvadmin, otherwise change to your root user below)

mysql -u omvadmin -p

now enter your mysql rootusers password and execute these three commands (each line is a single command)

Code
    CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'SECRET_PASSWORD';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Replace SECRET_PASSWORD with the one you set above in /etc/mysql/debian.cnf

You'll create a new mysql user and create the necessary privileges for it.

That's it

I'd like to ask where it's configured that the specified clonezilla iso is booted when clicking the 'Reboot to Clonezilla once' button.

The old Clonezilla iso that comes with the OMV-Extras unfortunately isn't working for me. I'm aware that newer versions don't bring up the network after booting out of the box, but I have modified a newer testing iso, as stated in the Clonezilla docs, to match my local IP setup and this works pretty good. Then I've copied the new iso to /boot/ and renamed it to the old. That's working atm. However I consider this renaming thing to be a dirty hack and would love to access the iso by its true name/ version... that way I won't forget about my modifications as well.
    So can anyone tell me where to find the config for the 'reboot button'

Thanks for your efforts,
    Thomas