Beiträge von simmessa

Hello everybody,

I'm also on the same train with the HP gen 10, mine is the entry level option (AMD X3216) but I've brought the total ram to 16GB ECC.

I installed Debian stretch (9.3) from netinst image then added the repos for OMV 4 arrakis as suggested in the wiki, all on my trusty SSD (Samsung 850 pro)

My experience so far has been very sub-par, I've added the non free firmware (firmware-linux) and installed a kernel from stretch backports (4.14.0-0.bpo.3-amd64), so that I can see text on my attached display (via DP to hdmi adapter).

What annoys me the most is the fact the gui is basically unusable, after logging in via default admin I installed OMV-extras for arrakis and some plugins:

unionfs (for mergerfs)
    snapraid

My config has 4 WD red 3TB disks, after wiping them they are available for software raid via mdadm but fail to show up in every other plugin.

I created ext4 filesystems on each disk via gui and everything seems ready but whenever I try the unionfs or snapraid plugins the "drive" list is basically empty.

After debuging the web interface a bit I'm able to see all calls to rpc.php come back in "false" state and are empty, here's an example:

{"response":false,"error":null}

With a "null" error I simply don't know how to debug this... looks similar to https://bugtracker.openmediava…t_bug_page.php?bug_id=666 but even more nasty since wiping doesn't change anything at all.

I'm having similar problems in samba config, no drives there...

I was able to configure mergerfs, snapraid and samba from the command line but I might restart from scratch and dump OMV entirely since it's not being very useful.

Does anybody have a clue what might be causing these issues?

Many thanks!

S