Beiträge von chocolover

CPU is an Intel Atom 230, it is 64bit.

Anyway, my problem is solved now. Let me tell you what I did.

Somewhere I read (can't find it anymore), that a person had issues with the installation, when he manually restarted the machine after the last message of the routine. Never did that.
    Additionaly I have been using a CF card as my OS drive, which I changed to a real harddrive.

Changing this, I suddenly had success. Shares are visible immediateley. Everythings works fine!

Can't tell exactly if the problem was not waiting for automatic restart after the installation or chaging the OS drive.

Yes, I set up a Raspberry Pi 3 with some 3.x Version. That was no problem at all and everything worked immediately. I have to mention, that I was using another version of Windows 10 back then.

I also configured that two steps before.

I think i will set up another OMV on a Raspberry Pi. Maybe my hardware is limiting somehow!?

Hi,

file and folder sharing is on, so is network discovery (I can find other computers).

A second Windows 10 machine is not able to see the NAS. A Windows 7 machine is also not able too.

I tried:

Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB1Protocol 1Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB2Protocol 1

both have been accepted but don't seem to work.

What is a good way to see, if the SMB shares actually work? Can I somehow ping them or so?

Hi,

I just installed OMV .94 for the third time on an old intel machine. Worked good so far. I further created a SMB share but am not be able to even see it on my windows machine. Network interface via browser works fine. SSH via putty works fine too.

What I did to solve my problem:

- worked through every single step of the SMB/problem thread
    - enabled everything which includes smb on my windows machine
    - tryed to find it with firewall disabled
    - set the workgroup name to "workgroup"

A share has been created, a user has been created, privileges have been set.

I hope someone can help me.