Beiträge von Peowraaku

yup, i broke it somehow. it was mounting in /srv/dev-sda1. i got another sd card and booted fresh image. drive is being mounted as /srv/dev-disk-by-id on clean image. i guess i'll be migrating to the new card since there doesn't seem to be another way to clean up my mess.

those of you that are using the OMV image for HC2 (and similar) can you tell me how the system names your drives? is it sda1 or disk-by-id? what controls this? is it kernel?

i am considering starting over from a clean slate, but ... well you know...

I've had an Odroid HC2 running the OpenMediaVault image since February. Iv'e had my fair share of issues and worked through them. I'm posting because I would really like to understand why my mount points were renamed twice since I've owned it. I've searched all over and mostly resolved my issues. However, I haven't come across anyone with this specific issue.

It seems that my initial install mounted my SATA drive as /srv/dev-sda1 or similar. Later, I believe an update changed this to /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata etc etc. I went through the process of recreating the sharedfolders in webui and recovered. Recently I performed an apt upgrade and my drive is now mounted at /srv/dev-sda1. The remaining space on my SD card, mmcblk1p3, is now mounted as dev-disk-by-id-mmc- but this name is slightly different from what it was prior to the most recent apt upgrade. I think I have everything corrected to point to the new paths; most services seem to be working as expected. However, my /sharedfolders is not being mounted at all. Additionally, my drive is not being mounted automatically at reboot. I have to navigate to Storage > File Systems in the webui and click mount. Afterwards, some of the services need to be restarted to work correctly. My /sharedfolders is not being bound, either. In the webui, all sharedfolders exist and have been re-linked to "new" drive.

Any ideas what happened? I'm assuming the underlying distro is more at fault than openmediavault, but it would be great to get some help resolving my openmediavault issues created by this change.

thanks for your help.