Beiträge von firex726

Long story short I have three rsync jobs to backup each of my main data drives to a second drive every 6 hours. It appears to run but in one of the three it leaves the backup smaller than the original by around 10%. I have not enabled compression, and all other settings are the same.

vol1&2, 3&6, and 7&8 all backup to each other; but only 7&8 has a noticeable size discrepancy.

Double checked the physical cables...

Sadly looks like it's not detected...

$ sudo fsck /dev/sde1

[sudo] password for firex726:

fsck from util-linux 2.33.1

e2fsck 1.46.2 (28-Feb-2021)

fsck.ext2: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/sde1

Possibly non-existent device?

$

No luck thus far:

Long story short, had a power outage and now one drive is is not mounted. Hoping that does not mean what I think it does. I'm still new to linux and hope there is just some magic command I'm not aware of.

I've highlighted the drive and filesystem in the below screenshots. The web interface gives the the option to create a new file system, but I'd like to just mount it where it was and not reformat it.

In SSH the drive is being detected but not the partition.

No luck on the password:

The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.

Error #0:
    OMV\HttpErrorException: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:91
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('WebGui', 'setPassword', Array, Array, 1)
    #1 {main}

---------------------

Nor for NFS:

The property 'numproc' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.nfs'.

Error #0:
    OMV\AssertException: The property 'numproc' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.nfs'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc:71
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(187): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->assertExists('numproc')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(272): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->set('numproc', 8, true)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(234): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->setFlatAssoc(Array, true, false)
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/nfs.inc(77): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->setAssoc(Array)
    #4 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Nfs->setSettings(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('NFS', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)
    #8 {main}

Long story short my old install was a bit out of date and I had a free SSD so I figured I'd start fresh, but... Everything seemed to go OK till I needed to change the default password and activate ftp, nfs, and smb.

I still have the old HDD should I need to pull anything off.

Changing the default password under Web Administrator Password results in a a server error of "Not Found", with the details below:

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'.","trace":"OMV\\HttpErrorException: The method 'setPassword' does not exist for the RPC service 'WebGui'. in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc:91\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('WebGui', 'setPassword', Array, Array, 1)\n#1 {main}"}}

Enabling FTP went OK with no issues.

When enabling NFS and hitting Save I get an "internal server error", details below:

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"The property 'numproc' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.nfs'.","trace":"OMV\\AssertException: The property 'numproc' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.nfs'. in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc:71\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(187): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->assertExists('numproc')\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(272): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->set('numproc', 8, true)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(234): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setFlatAssoc(Array, true, false)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/nfs.inc(77): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setAssoc(Array)\n#4 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\Nfs->setSettings(Array, Array)\n#5 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#6 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)\n#7 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('NFS', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)\n#8 {main}"}}

And same deal with SMB/CIFS...

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"The property 'localmaster' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'.","trace":"OMV\\AssertException: The property 'localmaster' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'. in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc:71\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(187): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->assertExists('localmaster')\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(272): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->set('localmaster', true, true)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(234): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setFlatAssoc(Array, true, false)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/smb.inc(81): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setAssoc(Array)\n#4 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\Smb->setSettings(Array, Array)\n#5 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#6 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)\n#7 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('SMB', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)\n#8 {main}"}}

So long story short, I was running out of space and installed a new HDD and just transfered the largest directory over.
    But now when I go in with my same user account it says I don't have permission(mapped network drive from windows client), and when I SSH in it shows random folders do not have the write permission.

Source:
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol2/Media/Anime

Destination:
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol3/Anime/

I used the command:
    mv -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol2/Media/Anime/* /srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol3/Anime/

To fix the attributes I used:
    chmod -R +w

Output:

$ chmod -R +w /srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol3/Anime/
    chmod: changing permissions of ‘/srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol3/Anime/’: Operation not permitted

$ sudo chmod -R +w /srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol3/Anime/
    [sudo] password for firex726:
    firex726 is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.

root@openmediavault:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol3/Anime# chmod -R +w /srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol3/Anime/
    root@openmediavault:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol3/Anime# ls -l
    total 4095904
    -rw-rwxr--+ 1 firex726 users 134294 Sep 25 22:02 1537928336760.jpg
    drwxrwsrwx+ 2 firex726 users 4096 Sep 26 06:34 A Certain Scientific Railgun
    drwxrwsrwx+ 2 firex726 users 4096 Sep 12 21:17 Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
    drwxrwsrwx+ 2 firex726 users 4096 Sep 12 21:17 Alderamin on the Sky
    drwxrwsrwx+ 2 firex726 users 4096 Sep 12 21:17 Alita
    drwxrwsr-x+ 5 firex726 users 4096 Sep 12 21:17 All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
    drwxrwsr-x+ 2 firex726 users 4096 Sep 12 21:17 Aokana Four Rhythm Across the Blue

Trying to install plugins via the WebUI and it did not work, so I went to SSH and I keep getting the same issue with openmediavault-ldap. Not sure how to remove it so I can install other plugins as normal.

OK false alarm, WinSCP shows the files as appearing to have been transferred, but when viewing from my Windows box (\\OPENMEDIAVAULT\vol1\Rips) I don't appear to have permission.

WinSCP shows the owner as root for the whole directory. I used the WebUI to setup the operation and just used the main admin account.

*Also only the Rips folder appears to have been transferred and not the Backup one... Is it still ongoing and can I check on it's progress?

Correct, but I connected via SCP instead of FTP it let me go up a level and from there back down to /srv/

I tried to make a local rsync but no luck...

---------------------

Please wait, syncing </srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataVol2/OldDrive2/> to </srv/dev-disk-by-label-vol1/vol1> ...

sending incremental file list
    ./

sent 53 bytes received 19 bytes 144.00 bytes/sec
    total size is 0 speedup is 0.00

The synchronisation has completed successfully.
    Done ...

Here ya go... It's Backup and Rips I need to move onto the new drives (does not matter which)

root@openmediavault:~# ls -la /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataVol2/
    total 200
    drwxrwxrwx 8 root users 4096 Mar 4 19:41 .
    drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Mar 4 23:10 ..
    -rw------- 1 root root 6144 Mar 4 13:10 aquota.user
    drwxrwxrwx+ 27 root root 4096 Feb 11 13:42 Backup
    drwxrwsr-x 2 root users 4096 Mar 4 12:56 DataVol2
    drwx------ 2 root root 16384 Dec 27 2015 lost+found
    drwxrwsr-x 2 root users 4096 Mar 4 23:22 OldDrive2
    drwx------ 4 root root 4096 Dec 27 2015 .@qsync
    drwxrwxrwx+ 618 root root 143360 Feb 15 15:23 Rips
    root@openmediavault:~#

First off, I'm very much a noob at Linux base systems.

I recently setup a OMV server and am trying to transfer the data from my old QNAP based NAS to it and am having issues. (Currently a single ext4 volume on each of two drives)

My first thought was to try and simply connect up the drive and transfer it locally. OMV showed data was present and I mounted the drive, gave it a label, and set it up as a share under FTP, and gave my user permission.

I was able to connect via WinSCP no problem, but the directory was empty. I could copy/paste to and from it. I tried browsing around the rest of the directory tree, but could not find anything familiar nor did a search for a unique file pull up any results.

Please let me know what you may need screenshots of.