Beiträge von GodlessHorst

Hello,

i have a lot of questions about the functionality of your Docker-plugin - since i cannot find any real indepth documentation about it and i am doing everything on guess and nothing works out how it should.
    I use here resilio-sync-image.
    In the Pluginsettings there are couple fields:

"The location of the Docker base path (this setting is optional and defaults to /var/lib/docker if unset). The plugin must be enabled for a change to be committed"

Do i understand it correctly that this is the path where all the docker-volumes/containers reside? If i let this unconfigured it takes the same drive for storage of the containers where OMV is installed, yes?
    With the first install i let this unconfigured and it filled the USB-Stick from which OMV boots. Then i changed it to a share i have made which is called "Vault". It's my ZFS-pool.
    I then deleted the contents containers in /var/lib/docker manually. After trying it again with it set to Vault it still fills up my USB-Drive.
    The contents of the container reside in "/data/Vault/share/Docker/volumes/9356ba31fbbb6d6bfaac136a237adc1e27d98e033c35444ed3c868dee322594f/_data/sync" - it is inside the /data/Vault which is share on my harddisks but it still
    takes the space in USB-Stick, so there seems to be some symlink-shenanigans going on and i would like to know how i can do it that the contents of the docker-container go to the harddisk, not USB-Stick.

Also:
    "Source path for copying of Docker image/container data"
    "Destination path"

I have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to do and i cannot find any information on it. Do i have to set there that it should use a Harddisk-Share not the USB-Stick? And how to do it, what to put inside the source path?
    And what are these Volumes in the file-systems-view you see in the screenshot above? Are these docker containers?

Also in the container-modification options there a couple of settings i cannot understand:

"Volumes and Bind mounts Host Path Container Path"
    "Volumes - From Container +"

What exactly do these options?
    Do i have to modify something there to make the container-contents go to a harddisk?
    Host path is relative to what i have set in the settings?
    And these switches there are read only by default yes? So the container cannot write in them? But my resilio in container wrote on USB-Stick? Does the option have no effect?

Does somebody can help or maybe explain the steps i need to do to get the scenario i described working or maybe a link to some tutorial or something?
    It should be common practice among users of OMV to put these containers on a mounted drive and not in the root-system so this imho should be made more straightforward tbh.

Thank you in advance