Beiträge von sdomv

omv version 4.1.35

Trying to create a samba share that would be use my my all in one canon printer to scan to. I've tried shares with passwords and shares with guest access and pretty much every combination I could think. The error above is for the following settings:

The printer (cannon multi function laser) has an error code and that code can be interpreted as follows:

Zitat

Cause 1 Unable to match the specified folder path when sending data to a file server.
    Remedy Check the destination.
    Cause 2 You have no permission to access the folder/file, or the folder/file may be deleted in other operations.
    Remedy Change the settings on the file server to enable access to the folder, or contact the server administrator.

I also can't connect to the share from windows 10.

Here is the info on the directory:

Documentation on the printer says its running samba 2.2. Not sure what windows 10 is running, but I am able to get windows to connect to a different share that has a user/password and no guest access. I do know that I need to use a different host when connecting from windows 10 as I spent many hours on that problem. So using multiple dns entries I have connected to multiple shares from windows. This reminds me to mention that I use pihole for dns.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I also wanted to mention that I am using snapraid + union fs.

I'm on a new install of omv 4 on a VM under proxmox. I'm new to omv and want to try it with snapraid + mergerfs.

I got the error below when installing snapraid. Just checking if this is a problem or can I ignore? I don't see any issues so far. All I;ve done is setup the drive as a data drive. No data written to it yet.

Also, let me know if you have an advice on proxmox + OMV vm + snapraid + mergerfs.

Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    The following additional packages will be installed:
    snapraid
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    openmediavault-snapraid snapraid
    0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 74 not upgraded.
    Need to get 326 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 1001 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 https://dl.bintray.com/openmed…plugin-developers/arrakis stretch/main amd64 snapraid amd64 11.2-1 [283 kB]
    Get:2 https://dl.bintray.com/openmed…plugin-developers/arrakis stretch/main amd64 openmediavault-snapraid all 3.7.3 [43.7 kB]
    Fetched 326 kB in 0s (583 kB/s)
    Selecting previously unselected package snapraid.
    (Reading database ... (Reading database ... 5%(Reading database ... 10%(Reading database ... 15%(Reading database ... 20%(Reading database ... 25%(Reading database ... 30%(Reading database ... 35%(Reading database ... 40%(Reading database ... 45%(Reading database ... 50%(Reading database ... 55%(Reading database ... 60%(Reading database ... 65%(Reading database ... 70%(Reading database ... 75%(Reading database ... 80%(Reading database ... 85%(Reading database ... 90%(Reading database ... 95%(Reading database ... 100%(Reading database ... 39506 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../snapraid_11.2-1_amd64.deb ...
    Unpacking snapraid (11.2-1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package openmediavault-snapraid.
    Preparing to unpack .../openmediavault-snapraid_3.7.3_all.deb ...
    Unpacking openmediavault-snapraid (3.7.3) ...
    Setting up snapraid (11.2-1) ...
    Setting up openmediavault-snapraid (3.7.3) ...
    Updating configuration database ...
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (4.0.14-1) ...
    Updating locale files ...
    Updating file permissions ...
    Purging internal cache ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f21e690f7b8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f21e690f7b8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Done ...