Beiträge von Pityocamptes

So I originally had the NAS/Pi connected to a TMobile gateway. No problems using the OMV NAS. I added a router for more control connecting directly to the gateway, using the wifi from the router and NOT the gateway. Windows can see the OMV name but it cannot access or connect to the folder. Im looking in the Config.xml folder but not sure if I need to change anything? If I switch back to the wifi of the gateway no issues, but thats not what I want. Win 7 can see the NAS name and the folder name appears in the network, but it does not open

Windows cannot access \\Guest\Backup.... though it shows Guest and I can ping the address and it shows Backup, just wont connect.

any help thanks.

Thanks. Well I hope the pi 3 is what I was after, after reading articles on the subject.

Ok, here is what I am trying to do. I bought a new router in the hopes of using a usb external drive plugged into the router to save files on the external hd. Unfortunately, the external drive is bigger than the router firmware can recognize.

So, after searching online, someone recommended getting a pi3 and installing OMV, plugging into router and using this to access the external drive on the local network. I set everything up last night, and can see the hd on the network, however I was not sure what format to use on the external drive so that I can mount it, and still have win 7 recognize the files. I hope this makes sense

Basically, I am trying to set up an external hd on my local network so that this external drive can save data, back ups, etc. without taking up space on computer internal drive. Thanks.

I purchased a pi 3 and was able to successfully install Openmediavault so that I could have file sharing on my local network using an external drive.

I have been trying to follow the instructions I found online, but I am not able to mount the NTFS external hd. Should I format the external drive in a different manner that will work with Win 7?

I am new to all this, so any details, instructions would gladly be appreciated. Thank you.