Beiträge von vcdwelt

Here is the solution to disable apparmor on the system and it worked on my test system (not harmful since apparmor package is not installed):

Code
    sudo mkdir -p /etc/default/grub.d
    echo 'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="$GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT apparmor=0"' | sudo tee /etc/default/grub.d/apparmor.cfg
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

Taken from: https://wiki.debian.org/AppArmor/HowToUse#Disable_AppArmor

Thanks a lot. Worked for me also :saint::thumbup:
    You saved my day ^^

So first test seems fine :love:

Added the value:

Code
    ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 30

in the file:

Code
    /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/docker.service
    (-> /lib/systemd/system/docker.service)

Bootet twice and worked both times without any manual tasks. :saint:

Ok, what Info should i post exactly? I try to list some points you mentioned

My OMV is running since OMV 4, Updated to OMV 5 and finally to OMV 6.

Not sure where the mountpoints inside /medie com from. They are there for a long time. But as far i remember, i have created them by hand.

Hardware is a HP Microserver with 4 build in HDD Bays and a SSD conencted also internal.

HDD's are for Data only, SSD is used for OMV (Incl. Configs and Docker files...).

No USB Devices connected.

But maybe your idea, the /media mount points not ready on starting docker, sounds logical for me.

So maybe it is enough to set the Docker.service start delay a little higher. Or settings the Host Path instead of /media/Disk_? directly to the real path /srv/dev_disk_by...

Hi,

since a few days i have a strange problem. For my feeling this appears since the last Kernel Update.

Information:

Version: 6.0.30-1 (Shaitan)

Kernel: Linux 5.18.0-0.bpo.1-amd64

Scenario:
    Server is booting and seems to be running fine. But Plex and some other Containers (e.g. SABnzbd) can't connect to the Storage configured insite the Container. A simple Restart (in Portainer) of the affected Container solves the problem until the next reboot.
    Happens not on every Server Boot, but nearly on all (~90% i would think).

Any hints where i could start problem solving.

I'm still a Linux beginner :/ and a Docker noob 8|

This are the mount points

No, sadly not. Or something isn't working correctly.

For my understanding the IP Range is only used to check for the services/Ports listed below.

Check IP x.x.x.x if Port xxx is used.

Because if there is no active access on any of the listed Ports, the Server is is shutting down.

eg. 192.168.178.188 was turned on (no Stndby or something) but Server was shutting down anyways.

I'm opern for any idea which can solve my request, must not with use of the plugin (would be nice, but must not).

Hi,

trough playing around with Kernels and Configs i have installed the Proxmox Kernel trough the OMV-Extras Plugin. But i don't need it, because i don't use Proxmox at all.

Now how i could start a clean uninstall of the Proxmox Kernel?

And how is the proper way to remove old Kernels i don't use anymore?

Yes it is possible with some tricks, but can have very bad consequences (as described on heise articel). Also i won't flash a modded Bios on my Server, too much fear 8|

Once configured it is no problem anymore, until the next OMV Update :/8)

PROBLEM SOLVED

Sorry, sometimes i feel a bit stupid about myself :saint:

I'm using a HP Micro Gen8 Server. This Server has attached a SSD on ODD Port. But it can't boot from ODD Port. So i need a Chain Boot from an MicroSD Card. On this card is a Grub installed which forwards the boot process to System SSD Drive on ODD Port.

Now i have copied the /boot/grub/* from my Server to the SD Card, inserted the SD back into the server and now i can boot the wanted Kernel :love:

Thank you anyways for your help.

I have sucesfully managed the Update from OMV4 to OMV5 with help of the great Update Script from dleidert. Everything seems up and running.

But shouldn't the new Debian 10 come with a newer Kernel (5.x)?

# uname -a

Linux openmediavault.local 4.17.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.17.8-1~bpo9+1 (2018-07-23) x86_64 GNU/Linux

# uname -r

4.17.0-0.bpo.1-amd64

It seems i have still the same Kernel active, as before the Update. Also it looks like i'm using a Backport Kernel. Never changed this thing, at least not intentionally.

What Kernel should be active for best performance and a stable running system? And how can i change it?

I'm not very deep in Linux Administration :(

So Update went fine at all.

Docker is working after installing the Portainer and all my Dockers ar up and running. Don't really like the "new" Portainer WebUI, the old one was more fluent for me, but time will solve this :)

Also Plex is still there, but the Database seems to be lost, don't know why. Trying to check, maybe i can get it back out of my Backup File.

Thanks for your great Script!

//UPDATE//

The Plex Server created a new Database in /var/lib/plexmediaserver/.....

i have created a symlink pointing to my old Database directory and restartet Plex, now all is fine and running like before the Update :)