Beiträge von askholme

Hi!

Just wanted to let people know that it's possible to get it working through SMB with a few hacks.
    The patches to samba has been included in samba 4.8.0 - so i basically hand compiled that on a new OMV installation.

The rough guide to that is

• Follow this guide (Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)) to get OMV 4 running on Debian 9 - P.s. note i did this on raspberry pi with raspbian and there a "apt-get install resolvconf" was required before running omv-initsystem (otherwise i got some errors)
    • Edit /etc/apt/sources.list to ensure you have a source code store configured (usually just need to remove a comment)
    • Follow below commands to compile samba. This will first install all tools and libraries required from the debian package stores, and then download a "vanilla" version of samba 4.8.0. The configure command is based on that used by debian samba maintainers so it look as much as the samba package as usual
    • The use of screen is optional - but the configure and compile process is quite slow. if you are running this over ssh the screen command will make sure the process runs on even if you looses the connection (when reconnecting type screen -r to see the result). Furthermore it's probably possible to do the compile as non-root but this way is a bit more hasslefree
    • When you are done, go into the webgui and for the share you want to use for timemachine type "fruit:time machine = yes" under extra options

Also note that OS X has some bug regarding handling signing of samba authentication requests. This causes transfer speeds to drop to abysmal levels, so if you want to use this for backup you need to edit /etc/nsmb.conf (on your mac, not on your OMV) so it looks like the last source code piece

/etc/nsmb.conf

Code
    [default]
        signing_required=no