Beiträge von ddavis1086

Hello. I tried this by adding -e aquota.user and it started working.

Code
    mergerfs.balance -e aquota.group -e listaquota.group -e aquota.user /srv/501bfd9a-bebf-48e5-805c-91ca31fa6f0f/

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

Dennis

Thank you for the help. I ran that but still have errors. I will try some other options.

I will post if I get it to run. Thanks again,

Dennis

I ran it and got and error which I'm not sure what means:

Any ideas on what this means or what I need to do?

Thanks again for the help,

Dennis

Oh, ok. I ran it and see this:

Code
    grep mergerfs /etc/fstab | awk '{ print $2 }'/srv/501bfd9a-bebf-48e5-805c-91ca31fa6f0f

So this is the combination of the pooled drives. Thank you so much for the help.

Dennis

Hello all. I am using OMV 5 with mergerFS. When I set this up I set the policy to "Existing path, most free space". I am guessing you can see what happened. One disk filled up before any of the others. I have set the policy to "Most free space" now and would like to run "mergerfs.balance", which I have downloaded and installed.

I found the id of the disk that has filled up:

Code
    ─/dev/sdd1 ext4 Disk4 100% /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-042bcc15-b27e-4750-9b93-67a81b9b6fd1

I tried to run mergerfs.balance like this:

Code
    mergerfs.balance /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-042bcc15-b27e-4750-9b93-67a81b9b6fd1/

And I get this error:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-042bcc15-b27e-4750-9b93-67a81b9b6fd1 is not a mergerfs mount

What am I doing wrong please?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Dennis

This is great. I have just downloaded GParted and made a bootable USB Drive using my Mac. I confirmed that the Gparted USB boots my OMV machine. Next I will unplug all drives except the old and new dive and give it try.

Very much appreciate all of your help. Is there anyway for me to buy you a cup of coffee for your time and help?

You are the only person that responded to my help request both here and on the Snapraid forum.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Thank you, your help is very much appreciated.

Now my next project is to upgrade one of the 2tb data drives to a new 4tb drive. One question about that please. Would Clonezilla or rsync be better to copy all of the files from the old one to the new one? Is there a step by step tutorial you would recommend I read for replacing the data drives?

I am learning a lot and really like OMV.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Good morning gderf. The sync ran all night and is now finished. The good news is that all data is intact and there are not reported errors now. Yea!

I attached an image of the status and it shows the array is 100% not scrubbed. I did run a scrub but that did not seem to do anything or change the percentage of the scrub. Should I be concerned about this or will it eventually be corrected with fill adds and weekly sync and scrub functions?

Thanks again for all of your help,

Dennis

Hello. Thanks for the clarification on the parity disk size.

I ran the scrub, sync, and -e fix again. The errors went back up to 1082047. Seems like it's just going in circles and not getting better. I did check the SMART data and all disks seem to be ok and marked green.

Is there are way to force a parity rebuild since I have backups just in case something goes wrong while that is in progress?

Thanks,

Dennis

Thanks again. I will run again and hopefully will get less or no errors.

One additional question please. The physical size of the parity drive(s) need to be larger than the "pooled" data amount, correct? For example, I have a couple of 2tb and 4tb disks in the array. This gives me the data size of 6.2 tb. So the physical size of the parity drive(s) need to be bigger or equal to 6.2 tb, correct?

Just trying to understand and learn more about this.

Thanks again for you help,

Dennis

Hello all. I ran the following commands in this order:

1. snapraid -e fix

2. snapraid sync

3. snapraid status

I am still getting errors and they seem to have tippled. I'm not sure what steps to take now.

It seems that all of my data is intact as I can get to the shared folders and files. I also have a backup of my data as I use the "usb plugin" which seems to work well.

Attached are the screen shots of the above steps. Please help if you have any idea what might be going on. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time and help,

Dennis